ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing sponsor while Eligible for ILR on Tier-2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manjain
Newly Registered

Changing sponsor while Eligible for ILR on Tier-2 General

Post by manjain » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:34 pm

Hello Members,

I am currently overdue for ILR and eligible for ILR processing via current company from November via my current sponsor company. the process hasn't been started yet for it.
Meanwhile i have find the the new job where the company is ready to provide sponsorship.

My question is
1) Can the new company directly apply for my ILR or first i need to switch to new PBS system and then apply for ILR
2) will my current time period i have spent in tier -2 general count if i switch to new PBS?

thanks,
MAJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing sponsor while Eligible for ILR on Tier-2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:26 pm

There is no such thing as "overdue for ilr". You either apply when you qualify or don't apply at all or apply at a later stage. There is no rule that you must apply for ilr.

1. You cannot apply for ilr with a new company if you don't hold a visa sponsored by the new company. So the answer is no to ILR, you have to switch visas to the new employer first and then wait at least a month before applying for ilr.

2. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing sponsor while Eligible for ILR on Tier-2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:32 pm

Based on your previous posts in 2014, I sincerely hope your tier 2 sponsorship has been with a genuine company and not the one you asked about previously.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1129160
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.