ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application centres in the US

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Visa application centres in the US

Post by USAapplicant » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 am

Does anyone know if there are any VAC's in the US? specifically CA? or do US applicants have to apply online and send supporting documents via mail?

Thanks.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:18 am

You can find from here
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?actio ... e_type=ASC

1) Apply Online (this is VAF9 form)
2) Schedule Biometric appointment & pay online
3) Biometric taken and biometric appointment letter stamped
4) Send the following + supporting documents
VAF9 (printout of online app form), Appendix 1, Biometric appointment letter stamped, your passport & other supporting documents

Date of application is the date your application is received by UK Consulate. Therefore your maintenance letter should be dated accordingly (note the 7 day requirement)
Best regards,
Mani

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 pm

so we do NOT need to fill out another 'offline' VAF9 form, because what we submitted online and WILL be printing and submitting IS the VAF9, right?

I thought DATE of application is the date I POSTMARK/MAIL the application...
not the date received.... now i have to re-look for the official info...

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 am

Yes,
You do not need to fill out another 'offline' VAF9 form.
Let me know if there are any more questions. I received my approval on Nov 5th (applied on Oct 9th) NY Consulate
Best regards,
Mani

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:56 pm

nice, congratulations...
which bank was kind enough to give you the letter stating the 3-month minimum...

also, to your biometric appointment all you had to bring was passport and appointment confirmation, right? no app, no supporting docs..

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:57 pm

I bank with DCU and BankOfAmerica. I tried with both banks. DCU was friendly enough give me the letter in the format I requested. BoA was not at all willing to give letter anything other than their standard format. So, I went with DCU letter, statement printouts sealed & signed by them. In addition, they sent me these letters on overnight FedEx service.

For your biometric appointment you have to take your passport and appointment confirmation. This would be mentioned in your appointment confirmation letter. You wont need to take anyother docs.
Best regards,
Mani

maneesha
Newly Registered

Re: Approval letter

Post by maneesha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:28 am

Hi

I am also in Chicago. I have got stamped VISA. I have some more Q regarding..Could you give me your email-id?? Please!!
mjmani wrote:Yes,
You do not need to fill out another 'offline' VAF9 form.
Let me know if there are any more questions. I received my approval on Nov 5th (applied on Oct 9th) NY Consulate