ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MM27
Newly Registered
India

UKVCAS appointment queries

Post by MM27 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi,

I have received my ILR (Set M route) a couple of months ago and have applied for citizenship. My husband is a British citizen.

My biometrics appointment is in 2 days and my immigration advisor has uploaded my documents and self submitted. After submission he has added a couple of documents.

I wanted to check if

1. If my passport will be re-scanned and uploaded by UKVCAS at the appointment ?

2. Regarding being physically present in the UK 3 years before application date, do I have to give a declaration/cover letter or will the case worker check the travel dates given as part of the form and work it out for themselves?

3. Can a document be removed during the appointment by the UKVCAS staff if needed ( the documents uploaded after submission which still have a ‘Remove file’ option?)

Many thanks
MM27

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UKVCAS appointment queries

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:12 pm

MM27 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm
Hi,

I have received my ILR (Set M route) a couple of months ago and have applied for citizenship. My husband is a British citizen.

My biometrics appointment is in 2 days and my immigration advisor has uploaded my documents and self submitted. After submission he has added a couple of documents.

I wanted to check if

1. If my passport will be re-scanned and uploaded by UKVCAS at the appointment ?
It may be re-scanned - I believe if the quality of the original scan isn't satisfactory.

2. Regarding being physically present in the UK 3 years before application date, do I have to give a declaration/cover letter or will the case worker check the travel dates given as part of the form and work it out for themselves?
You don't specifically have to prove the date. By submitting your application you declare that all details are correct and truthful. Note the the UKVCAS agents are not Home Office case workers and will not validate your application.

3. Can a document be removed during the appointment by the UKVCAS staff if needed ( the documents uploaded after submission which still have a ‘Remove file’ option?) Can't tell you - check at your appointment. If the document is not relevant or incorrect you need to contact UKVI once you got your case reference.

Many thanks
MM27
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MM27
Newly Registered
India

Post by MM27 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:37 pm

Thank you so much Alterhase58.

Regarding my question no. 3 below has anyone else faced a similar situation or know if this is possible:

3. Can a document be removed during the appointment by the UKVCAS staff if needed ( the documents which still have a ‘Remove file’ option?)

Thanks in advance

MM27

wootme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wootme » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:33 am

MM27 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:09 pm
Hi,

I wanted to check if

3. Can a document be removed during the appointment by the UKVCAS staff if needed ( the documents uploaded after submission which still have a ‘Remove file’ option?)

Many thanks
MM27
I went through two biometrics appointments in June (ILR and Naturalisation) and regarding #2 I can tell you:

During the appointment they'll scan your passport for: bio data page, observations page, the thread holding all the pages right in the middle (this is to check if there's been alterations) and every page that has any stamp/visa on it. The people scanning my passport were very chatty and talking me through the process haha.

As for #3 I know that if you paid for the document check service they'll review all the docs with you and they can technically remove one if it's wrong, but not sure if it's possible to do this with a standard service appointment. Good luck.

MM27
Newly Registered
India

Post by MM27 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks for the reply Wootme.

I have not paid for Document checking but my appointment is at one of the Premium lounges so am hoping they should still be willing to help…

mys11
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by mys11 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Hey
Did you attend your appointment and how was it, I'm also interested in knowing if they can delete one f my documents and add an updated version of it, can u please tell me about your experience.

MM27
Newly Registered
India

Post by MM27 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi Mys11,

I found the staff pretty helpful however please note I was told they CANNOT remove any documents during the appointment.

As far as I understand they can add additional documents at your appointment if you have paid for the document scanning service or if your appointment is at an enhanced service point or premium lounge.

I uploaded the new version of my document as well as a cover letter explaining which is the right document.

Hope this helps.

MM27