ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOT APPROVAL

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shonolaku
Newly Registered

GOT APPROVAL

Post by shonolaku » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:49 am

I finally received my approval letter yesterday. Thanks to the moderators and my main man lynn132. Here are the details.

Application Received :27 Jan
Aprroval Date : 01 Feb
Date Received: 28 Feb
Category: 28 years and Over

I will go for my EC April Ending. One more question. What is the accurate time to arrive UK after getting the EC and is the time frame binding on my dependants as well.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:28 am

Congrats Shonolaku and best wishes for your EC. Actually there is no authentic time frame to go after EC particulary for the dependants. But the main applicant has to face problems in late arrival, these are :
Justifications before ECO at port of entry, problems in finding job and reasonable status in UK and getting FLR after a year which actually starts from the date stamped on your passport.

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:08 am

Yo dude,
Great stuff. Read your PM!
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

tulops
Newly Registered

RE-CONGRATS

Post by tulops » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:26 am

Congrats,

What documents did u include in your application package.How did u solve the issue of tax clearance given the nature of tax returns in Nigeria. :)

Please I need ur response, Shonolaku and Alagomeji

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:18 pm

Tulops,
very easy really. Get the income Tax certificate. I guess I am lucky, my company makes sure we get them every year. I did have some "issues" because the income tax certificate is only issued at the end of the year, so the one I sent only covered about 75% of the period over which I applied, but apparently that was sufficient for my caseworker.
Make sure you get the certificate, I have talked with a number of other nigerians, and they ALL had to send the certificates, one way or another.

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:46 pm

topas,
Thank you. For your question, I included every documents except my tax returns which was not availeble for the year under review. Go through all the posts on the forum for the list of the documents and before applying. Be certain on the points you claim.

For my earnings, I included:
1. Employer salary letter
2. Bank Statements
3. payslis.

Kunle

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:59 pm

congratulations there shonolaku, i know you were getting a bit worried there when you hadnt heard from them. all the best with your EC

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:07 pm

Congratulations!

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Thank you f2k and lynn132. Wishing you the best on your EC.

indian_in_uk

Hi

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:56 pm

congratulations shonolaku,

Could you please elaborate or send me a draft of "Employer salary letter" you sent? I dont have income tax document but can produce 12 months salary slips and employer reference letter. I wanna apply this week only.
Looking forward to hear frm you soon

Regards

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:09 pm

indian_in_uk,
There are a lot of work experience sample on this forum, kindly take the patience to check through.

All the best

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:12 pm

nice one shonolaku!! congrats and all the best for EC and the new challenges of UK. we are still crossing the fingers :wink:
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:54 pm

indian_in_uk wrote:congratulations shonolaku,

Could you please elaborate or send me a draft of "Employer salary letter" you sent? I dont have income tax document but can produce 12 months salary slips and employer reference letter. I wanna apply this week only.
Looking forward to hear frm you soon

Regards
If you can get hold of your P60 and send it to them to prove your income.

tulops
Newly Registered

Post by tulops » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:35 pm

Shonolaku,
Please did u use NYSC experience as part of ur 5 yrs.Alagomeji can one use 1 YR NYSC experience?.
Please reply

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:17 am

Tulops, I didn't need mine... fortunately I have over 5 years post-NYSC experience. however, if you worked as a professional during your NYSC (i.e, you weren't teaching or working at some local government secretariat, and you have documentation to prove it!), then that period can be claimed, afterall, you had graduated already.
Remember this though: The designation/ title on the job description matters heavily. I worked as a "network assistant" during my own NYSC, and though it was completely a graduate level position, I am willing to bet that the word "assistant" would have disqualified the position to most caseworkers. I suggest you go through the complete experience/ posts on the site, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Pay particular attention to people whose applications were rejected. Also, if you schooled in Nigeria and you didn't go to one of the bigger universities (like Ife, UI, Lag, Benin, etc) it might just be wiser to get your university assessed by NARIC, as the home office might do that, and it may lead to long delays.