ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone sent a job offer recently?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saint

Has anyone sent a job offer recently?

Post by Saint » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:22 am

Does it really make the process faster, especially nowadays?

I am one of the unlucky june-november applicants, and had sent my application back in August. I am about to receive a job offer but I'll have a deadline as they won't wait for me forever.

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:21 pm

hi saint,

i first applied on 27 oct 04
went to london for some interviews on 30 nov 04
faxed a job offer on 21 dec 04
got into URGENT treatment on 6 jan 05
DIDNT hear anything else until 22 feb 05 when i got the refusal letter...

why is it that applicants in that time between july and nov are unlucky?

so, to answer your question, i would say it DOES make things a bit faster...say maybe 1 month, 2 max!

a question to the WHOLE forum, since i have gathered much better evidence to support my points, could anyone recommend me if i should send a NEW application or have a paid-appeal?

thanks

jhonny
:)

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:09 pm

From the previous posts on this forum it seems clear that paid appeal is nothing more than new application accompanied by your reference number and covering letter where you can tell them all the details.

So, I think you should go through paid appeal anyway and I wish you good luck in this annoying matter. I also belong to those waiting from August. Lets see how long it will take them to finally get to my docs. I do not expect to hear anything from them in the next 1-2 months :(

Saint

Post by Saint » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:11 pm

Thanks Jhonny for your reply, I luckily found out that a friend of mine also sent her job offer in early January and has heard 1-2 weeks ago. Although I can't say that would count as "urgent", 1.5 months is still something..

As for your case, I think a fresh application will be both faster and supported by a job offer (you can re-write your cover letter accordingly etc). Given your level of motivation I think you'll definitely get it this time :D

Lightbringer - being Aug-Nov applicant, I sometimes feel that this process is similar to putting your message in a bottle and throwing it to the ocean. We'll hear one day..