ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

undefined COS processing time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maisysouris
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

undefined COS processing time

Post by maisysouris » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:10 pm

I'm currently on Tier 4 student visa. My employer requested a new COS for me at the end of May but still has not heard back. We asked for an update end of June and the UKVI responded saying they are dealing with requests submitted 3 weeks before ours.

I will start my new job in September - a bit worried since I am still waiting for the COS in order to switch to Tier 2 (skilled worker) visa. Anyone applied around the same time and is still waiting?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: undefined COS processing time

Post by manci » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:11 pm

maisysouris wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:10 pm
I'm currently on Tier 4 student visa. My employer requested a new COS for me at the end of May but still has not heard back. We asked for an update end of June and the UKVI responded saying they are dealing with requests submitted 3 weeks before ours.
If your prospective employer is a registered sponsor and has an allocation of undefined CoSs then they can assign one to you immediately. They have probably applied for an allocation and if they haven't used the priority service (cost £200) that can take up to 4 months
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice