ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - time sensitive documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Divorce sent from azad kashmir to UK- spouse visa

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:43 pm

I live in UK my spouse is from Pakistan. He is a citizen of Pakistan, and was previously married to a UK citizen, I am now in the process of applying for a spouse visa for him, however I need some advice in regards to his divorce, if it will be accepted by UK authorities for visa. We married in Feb 2021, and his divorce verification or divorce attestation from the union Council in Azad kashmir is dated 18-05-2021 months after our Nikah was done. Would he have to go through UK courts to prove he is divorced requiring a decree absolute, or would his divorce certificate issued by the union Council in Azad kashmir be sufficient were the bare talaq is still considered. Whereas the Muslim ordinance act is applied in the rest of Pakistan. We married before this certificate was issued by the union Council but the date when he did the divorce is stated on there. I am very much confused as to what the requirements will be and how difficult it will be in my spouse visa. Is the verification done by union Council Azad Kashmir same as the divorce certificate, i have never been married or divorced before so I am not familiar on how to proceed in regards to the divorce and how it would impact my spouse visa application. I don't think his ex wife has the copy of this divorce verification either, do we need to send her a copy as well in the uk?
Can anyone help?

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Divorce sent from azad kashmir to UK- spouse visa

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Just to state the divorce verification that is given to him by the union Council states the date of divorce as 12-8-2020, before our marriage as we were in touch when he was working through going ahead with divorce. It was only after we got married and started the spouse visa, gathering together the documents that he went and got this certificate/verification done. I don't how this will impact our application, will it show he was married to her still as he hadn't submitted this straight after the talaq was written and sent to her. Or will it not matter? I am just petrified we have messed up as I went to marry him in Azad kashmir in Feb this year without thinking about the divorce element of it. 😔😔 I hope we haven't dug ourselves a big divorce mess of a hole and now it will be so difficult to get out of. He first wife did not submit any visa application for him. Please help?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:36 am

If you had your Nikah in a country where this ceremony is recognised by law and you wish to divorce in the UK, you must undergo a civil divorce in addition to your Islamic divorce.

If you were married under Sharia law in a country where this is recognised by law, and you then had a Khula, Faskh or Talaq to secure your divorce in this same country you won’t need to get a civil divorce in the UK. There are exceptions however, so always check with an expert to ensure that your divorce is in fact recognised in the UK and that you are not still legally married.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jhelumi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jhelumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 am

Salaam,

As long as the Date of Divorce is before the Date of Nikkah, and the Divorce Certficate is registered with and issued by the Union Council, it is fine.

It does not matter if the Date of Issue is months or years later after the Date of Divorce.

I hope this helps.

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

NADRA marriage registration certificate

Post by LostSeoul » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi all,

I am gathering up documents for spouse visa for my husband from Pakistan. I want to know if anyone knows whether anyone knows whether NADRA issue computerised marriage registration certificate as well as divorce registration certificate for residents of Azad Jammu and kashmir. Our marriage took place there but we have been told nadra do not hold authority to issue these. This is the responsibility of the Tehsil mufti or the union council where we have obtained these from and attested by foreign office Islamabad. Would we be required to travel to Pakistan (Islamabad) to be able to do this?

Many thanks

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Payslip enquiry

Post by LostSeoul » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi all,
Can someone clarify a payslip enquiry for me please. I have been in my job for a year since 2020 earning 19737. I am using my payslips from January 21 to June 21. Jan, Feb, March, May, June slips all have the salary of 1644.75 before tax however my April payslip I took unpaid leave on compassionate grounds where the salary is 1114.82 significantly lower than the threshold. I was looking at applying in July but this looks like it will put me back to working another 6 months to makeup for it. Can anyone suggest how I can compensate this with combining categories or using another way to meet the financial requirements?

Many thanks

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Re: Payslip enquiry

Post by NaeemAbbas » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:34 pm

LostSeoul wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:25 pm
Hi all,
Can someone clarify a payslip enquiry for me please. I have been in my job for a year since 2020 earning 19737. I am using my payslips from January 21 to June 21. Jan, Feb, March, May, June slips all have the salary of 1644.75 before tax however my April payslip I took unpaid leave on compassionate grounds where the salary is 1114.82 significantly lower than the threshold. I was looking at applying in July but this looks like it will put me back to working another 6 months to makeup for it. Can anyone suggest how I can compensate this with combining categories or using another way to meet the financial requirements?

Many thanks
£1664.75 X 5 months Plus £1114.82 April Salary
= £9438.57 multiply by 2 for twelwe months = £18877.14 which suffices the minimum threshold of £18,600 for spouse visa. I think it should be fine submitting these 6 months payslips.

Someone else can also confirm if I am right.

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: NADRA marriage registration certificate

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:57 am

Thankyou for the reply. Hope this is the case. Can anyone else confirm?

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

People living at address- passport needed for newborn baby?

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm

I am hoping someone can check for me. I am using my sisters house as accommodation to submit my husbands spouse visa. My sister has had a baby a few weeks ago, no birth certificate or passport for baby yet. I am including her on the survey report however will we require a passport to be submitted for her as well or can we use birth certificate? Passport will take weeks to issue. Please can someone tell me anything?

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip enquiry

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:59 pm

NaeemAbbas wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:34 pm
LostSeoul wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:25 pm
Hi all,

Many thanks
£1664.75 X 5 months Plus £1114.82 April Salary
= £9438.57 multiply by 2 for twelwe months = £18877.14 which suffices the minimum threshold of £18,600 for spouse visa. I think it should be fine submitting these 6 months payslips.

Someone else can also confirm if I am right.
Thankyou for replying. I hope this is the case for it, as it means we have to look for other ways to meet it. 🙄

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: People living at address- passport needed for newborn baby?

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:04 pm

LostSeoul wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:42 pm
I am hoping someone can check for me. I am using my sisters house as accommodation to submit my husbands spouse visa. My sister has had a baby a few weeks ago, no birth certificate or passport for baby yet. I am including her on the survey report however will we require a passport to be submitted for her as well or can we use birth certificate? Passport will take weeks to issue. Please can someone tell me anything?
Can anyone answer this query? This visa process is minefield, one issue after another. 😑

LostSeoul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - time sensitive documents

Post by LostSeoul » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:01 am

Hi All,

I have submitted my husbands spouse visa application and he has biometrics due on 17/08/2021.
Can someone tell me if the mortgage transaction report I have dated on 05/07/2021 be an issue if the spouse visa has been submitted 04/08/21?

I am thoroughly checking through the documents i have uploaded and the rest are fine but when I calculate the days for this I am thinking it is more than 28 days. The reason being I was hoping I would get the application submitted within the dates of the documents but some delay happened. Now I am panicking as it would mean I would need to get in touch with mortgage lender ASAP to get a new summary.

Can I risk it and upload?

Any moderators can help me please.

Thankyou

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse visa - time sensitive documents

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:18 am

What is the mortgage transaction report, is it different from the annual statement?

For what purpose is it to be submitted?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."