ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Bangalore: 3yr Tax Return mandatory, didn't take my appl

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saurabh_gyl

VFS Bangalore: 3yr Tax Return mandatory, didn't take my appl

Post by saurabh_gyl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi All

Today I went to VFS bangalore, to submit my application.

I was told that it is mandatory to submit 3 years tax returns. Also I met another applicant there who said the same. No where in the guidance its mention. Also they asked for previous employment details.

How can VFS ask for some docs that are not mentioned any where in the guidelines. Also when I asked they said that they do not have any publication that list the required document.

What all other members have to say.
Regards,
Saurabh

amit0277

Re: VFS Bangalore: 3yr Tax Return mandatory, didn't take my

Post by amit0277 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 pm

saurabh_gyl wrote:Hi All

Today I went to VFS bangalore, to submit my application.

I was told that it is mandatory to submit 3 years tax returns. Also I met another applicant there who said the same. No where in the guidance its mention. Also they asked for previous employment details.

How can VFS ask for some docs that are not mentioned any where in the guidelines. Also when I asked they said that they do not have any publication that list the required document.

What all other members have to say.
What is the category under which you have applied? Are you salaried or self employeed? I am not sure but self employeed has to show couple of other documents?

saurabh_gyl

Re: VFS Bangalore: 3yr Tax Return mandatory, didn't take my

Post by saurabh_gyl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 am

amit0277 wrote: What is the category under which you have applied? Are you salaried or self employeed? I am not sure but self employeed has to show couple of other documents?
I applied for Tier1(General). And I am employed by an MNC here in India for last 2.5 yrs. Before that Iwas working with an Indian IT company.
Regards,
Saurabh

vijaypalrana

Post by vijaypalrana » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 am

They may require the documents for integra verification. If you see the integra form they have mentioned in the checklist to be submitted for the verification.

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:16 am

Hi,

I had applied from VFS Delhi, and they said its good to give it if you can...but not mandatory...i did not have it...and so i did not submit it....i have been working only for 2 years now...how can i possibly have 3Yrs tax returns ... :)

Its not mandatory...also the BHC guidelines clearly say...give minimum and precise documnetation as specified in the guidance.... If you can provide whats on their list...i dont think anything more is needed.

Too bad the VFS is not behaving responsibly .. :(

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Tax Documents - regd.

Post by Jos1984 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 am

Hi Guys, I have something here to share on this -

As I understand, for the section - previous earnings, the following 2 sources of evidences are enough -

1. previous 12 months Sal slips - Stamped and signed by HR Dept (more than 1 employer is possible)
2. Bank statements - showing the desposit of Net salary per month by the employer (to match with the digits mentioned in Sal slips)

Now, I was also not clear what 'Tax documents' are asked for.

I also had an enquiry with VFS, over call and checked as to - what exactly is needed when we say 'Tax documents' (and also checked if it is really needed). They took a long time, kept me on hold and then - I was told that whatever is available in latest for 3 years needs to be submitted and this need not be for the period you are claiming the earnings. I told them that - As the term 'Tax documents' is a very general term, we understand that it can be any thing - Form16 (issued by employer), Saral Form, the IT returns Filing form, or the Acknlowledgement received after filing.

I was told something like - whatever you have, attach them (latest for the last 3 yrs).

To get a clarification on this, I had consulted an immigration consultant on the UK resident forum, and this is what they said -

VFS staff are not supposed to provide advice and they are not qualified to do so. They do not form any part of the decision-making process. Much of the advice they give is utter nonsense and best ignored. There is no requirement to provide tax evidence for the last 3 years. If you attach 'whatever you have' then you could easily make the case more complicated than it needs to be - the last thing you want is a confused caseworker - you need to ensure that the caseworker finds it easy to say yes and is not given the opportunity to refuse, as they are generally assessing applications with the intent being to see if they can find a reason to refuse.

Any more inputs/comments are much appreciated.

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Post by Jos1984 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 am

And yes..... I was talking about Bangalore VFS..

Not sure if VFS staff in other cities of India are also creating the same fuss.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:26 am

Forget about asking for 3 years tax returns. They should not even question even if you dont submit the documents as said in policy guidance. I am sure you are misled and if you think you have adequate supporting docs, u can put ur foot down and get to file ur papers.

VFS is just a collection and delivery agency and they cannot even speak about which docs to submit or not to submit....

Visit again and file ur papers and if they still make a fuss write to BHC, Chennai.

kiladik

Tax Form

Post by kiladik » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I feel its better to submit the Form16. Last year my cousin has got his visa rejected and the reason was he has not submitted Form 16 for earnings proof.

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Submitting form-16 or any other docs for that matter depends on your circumstances whether you are self-employed, contractor or employed. Moreover policy guidance asks for 2 sources of income and I still remember reading that at times, form-16 is not a pertinent document since it cannot cover full years' earnings.

Hence pl assess your situation with due diligence in concluding with which paper-works you would want to submit.

Nothing to generalise regarding approval of a visa since no two individual's case are judged the same way.

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey saurabh_gyl
Are you kidding?
VFS people dont have any right to reject your application or do they have any authority to decide about the Docs.
Please dont call VFS Help line at all. They never give correct answers.
They always quote "Submit what are all you are having".
As one of the members already said, if you do so, you will have a "confused Caseworker" at the end who will then have a good reason to reject your application.
Regarding VFS, if you ask a question, he/she will keep on hold for 20 minutes, discuss with others(who are muck like him/her or worse than that) & finally says above standard quotation or give an erraneous answer.
For ex. Call 080-40084008 for conversion rate for previous earnings, they would say that it is 1GBP = 85 INR (which appears at the end of the Visa Fees Page on VFS website. Now the conversion rate is 90 INR ofcourse as on today)
None of them know about www.oanda.com is.
By & large you would get erraneous/irrelevant/misleading/useless info. only from VFS help line.

Thanks
Mohan

cheekychick85

do not trust the people at the call centre

Post by cheekychick85 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi ALL

Please do not listen to half the things people at the call centre tell you. If you have any doubts go to the vfs office directly and clarify.
The people at the call centre do not have exact info and just read their given notes.

My visa was rejected due to their misinformation. I was told in writing 3 times to show funds of gbp800 as i was settled in the UK for 3years but as a student dependant had to cum to india and apply.

PLEASE GO TO THE VFS AND CLARIFY YOUR DOUBT. A paper or 2 extra will not harm you application in any way.

READ TIER! GUIDANCE NOTES CAREFULLY> ALL YOUR ANSWERS ARE THERE.

Link is below
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Bangalore VFS creating fuss - regd. the docs

Post by Jos1984 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:18 am

Hi,

Call centre guys - mislead people . This is common every where. These banks are also a perfect example.

But Saurabh, What I wanted to know is -

Did they simply refuse to accept your application since you didn't have 'Tax documents' for last 3 yrs attached with your application?

OR

Did they say - it is 'good' if you attach!??

Without these Tax docs , if you are submitting the application and VFS refused to accept it or accepts by saying - "It can be rejected"!!..... then this is a serious problem....

In that case, we should immediately write to British High commission informing them about this.

Can someone let me know - if there is British High commission in B'lore? Informing in Bangalore is easier and we can expect a quick response.

What say guys???

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:10 am

Jos1984,
No BHC in Bangalore. But no disappointment.
BHC Chennai is very quick in giving responses.
Mail to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk . You will get response by not more than a workings days delay

Thanks
Mohan

SS100
Newly Registered

Tax returns mandatory apart from payslip and bank statements

Post by SS100 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi All,

I have 2 points to be clarified regarding Tier 1 (general) visa.

1. Regarding Funds maintenance- At what exchange rate will BHC Calculate? I am from India.Do you have a fixed exchange rate for every month or is it calculated at the exchange rate on that particular day you receive the documents? I refer to www.oanda.com.

2. Regarding Previous earnings- I understand I need to submit 2 proofs from the various options provided.
I decided to submit Payslips(sealed and signed ) and official bank statements.
After reading a post in one of the immigration forum I got misled hence I need clarification regarding this point: Apart from these two documents is it mandatory to submit the tax documents and If yes, what should I submit the FORM 16 or the IT returns?
This forum is my only source of knowledge. The VFS guys are misleading so please help me on this

saurabh_gyl

Re: Bangalore VFS creating fuss - regd. the docs

Post by saurabh_gyl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 am

They said that tax docs are mandatory. and applications without them get rejected.
Moreover they were asking docs in wired sequence. and the person at the counter missed on my bank statements. I had to tell him tht he is missing them, then only he realized.
I guess VFS needs to hire better people, or give training to existing people.

quote="Jos1984"]Hi,

Call centre guys - mislead people . This is common every where. These banks are also a perfect example.

But Saurabh, What I wanted to know is -

Did they simply refuse to accept your application since you didn't have 'Tax documents' for last 3 yrs attached with your application?

OR

Did they say - it is 'good' if you attach!??

Without these Tax docs , if you are submitting the application and VFS refused to accept it or accepts by saying - "It can be rejected"!!..... then this is a serious problem....

In that case, we should immediately write to British High commission informing them about this.

Can someone let me know - if there is British High commission in B'lore? Informing in Bangalore is easier and we can expect a quick response.

What say guys???[/quote]
Regards,
Saurabh