ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MyUserName
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Email from Home Office

Post by MyUserName » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:06 pm

I received following email from home office. It's not a reply because I didn't contact them, they sent it.
I submitted British Citizenship application 5 month and 17 days ago.
Could please moderators shed some light on it,
How long it will take more? any idea?
Should i contact MP when 6 months is over , and will it worth it ?

Standard Service Letter

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Email from Home Office

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:01 pm

This is a standard email received by many applicants. Basically telling you they are behind and won't complete within the six month target. There's nothing you can read into this. In some cases the decision came shortly after the email but no guarantee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Echinol
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Echinol » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:45 pm

MyUserName wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:06 pm
I received following email from home office. It's not a reply because I didn't contact them, they sent it.

Standard Service Letter

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Hi MyUserName,

Could you please share your timeline? I received the same email on 4th of august and since then HO went radio silence. No reply to my emails or any other communication.

Thanks.

Mrsdoc
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by Mrsdoc » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:36 am

Echinol wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:45 pm
MyUserName wrote:

Standard Service Letter

Hi MyUserName,

Could you please share your timeline? I received the same email on 4th of august and since then HO went radio silence. No reply to my emails or any other communication.

Thanks.
Hi,
I received exactly the same email but after I contacted them first myself.
Have you received this email after contacting them first or not?

Thanks

Echinol
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Echinol » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:01 am

Mrsdoc wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:36 am
Echinol wrote:
MyUserName wrote:

Standard Service Letter

Hi MyUserName,

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks
Hi Mrsdoc,
I received after I contacted them. I’ve sent them an email asking my biometrics issue resolved or not then this email arrived.

Mrsdoc
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by Mrsdoc » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:33 pm

Echinol wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:01 am
Mrsdoc wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:36 am
Echinol wrote:
MyUserName wrote:

Standard Service Letter

Hi MyUserName,

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks
Hi Mrsdoc,
I received after I contacted them. I’ve sent them an email asking my biometrics issue resolved or not then this email arrived.
Hi Echinol,

Thanks for your response.It’s pretty much looks to me as they just sending those automatic emails to us just to cop out of providing any valid information.
I’ve emailed twice to Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk and frustratingly they have not responded again 😣.