ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm naturalided as UK citizen: my child was born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

I'm naturalided as UK citizen: my child was born abroad

Post by jerub » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Trying to navigate how to do this is difficult. I am very unsure of what forms to fill out in what order.

I am a UK citizen, naturalised In 2019. I have a baby daughter (2 weeks old) born in Switzerland.

I would like to get my daughter a British passport. I think this requires an MN1 form, but the online application process asks if I (the parent) am British by descent, which makes me think it's the wrong form.

Please guide me? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I'm naturalided as UK citizen: my child was born abroad

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:48 pm

Child is automatically British

MN1 is to register a child as British so not relevant to the child.

Apply for a British passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: I'm naturalided as UK citizen: my child was born abroad

Post by jerub » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12 pm

I tried that, but it asks for a "naturalisation or registration certificate" - and i made the assumption I needed to do the MN1 to receive one of those.

It turns out that on the passport.gov.uk website it asks questions like "have you had a passport before?" and the answers are "yes" and "no". But for "do you have a naturalisation or registration certificate?" the answers are in the opposite order, "no" and "yes". So I answered incorrectly and got myself stuck needing my certificate number.

Thanks for the fast response, it helped me figure this out.