ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

? decision time if ILR +35 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

camary2
Newly Registered
United States of America

? decision time if ILR +35 years

Post by camary2 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:06 am

This forum has been so very helpful in understanding this process, etc but I have noticed that the majority of people apply for Naturalisation as soon as they are eligible and, even so, their timelines for decision vary considerably with no clear understanding of the reason. I have had ILR since 1985 & have only just made a Naturalisation application on 24 March of this year and have not had a decision. Can I assume that they will need to trawl back through my 35 years of living in the UK (to check I never left for 2 years and therefore lost my ILR, or check I was always of good character for this whole time, for example) and therefore I should assume my application will take longer? Can anyone share their experience/knowledge of applying for Naturalisation with long ILR?

Akava
Newly Registered
India

Re: ? decision time if ILR +35 years

Post by Akava » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:04 am

I applied for naturalization 11 year after ILR in March 21 and got the ceremony letter after 5 months similar to other people who applied other times

camary2
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ? decision time if ILR +35 years

Post by camary2 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Thank you for replying- that is so good to hear & congratulations! I am just coming up to 5 months now so fingers crossed.