ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVAC appointment after upload using app?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

Character checks not completed after 11 months

Post by im2018 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:01 am

Hi All,

I hope someone can provide any suggestions to deal with the issue of delayed response from HO.
Applied in Sep 2020 but no response. emailed them for update after 6 months but received email that checks are still being conducted with outside authorities.

sent MP letter again last month but same response. I don't have any convictions or even driving licence points but they seem like taking forever.

Anyone else having the same issue and any suggestion please as to how we can speed it up?

Thanks in advance.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Character checks not completed after 11 months

Post by London22 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:27 am

It is almost very common practice by the home office to suspiciously look at applicants & then delay the decisions.Refugees are on target for delays & refusals in nationality applications.
The best course of action in these circumstances is to keep involving MP & pushing HO to make decision .I know they really don't care when they want to do things the way the want.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:27 am

Looking at your earlier posts and it seemed that an earlier application of yours had also taken longer than usual.

Before applying for naturalisation, did you get a SAR from the Home Office to see what triggered the delay in the earlier immigration application?

@London22, if it makes you feel any better, in this case, the OP is not a refugee, but somebody who was in the UK on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. All naturalisation applications are scrutinised based on the material the Home Office have access to and the past history of the applicant.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by im2018 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:54 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:27 am
Looking at your earlier posts and it seemed that an earlier application of yours had also taken longer than usual.

Before applying for naturalisation, did you get a SAR from the Home Office to see what triggered the delay in the earlier immigration application?

@London22, if it makes you feel any better, in this case, the OP is not a refugee, but somebody who was in the UK on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. All naturalisation applications are scrutinised based on the material the Home Office have access to and the past history of the applicant.
@london22 even they have responded with the same email to MPs letter which is below.

@secret.simon thanks for taking time to provide your feedback on the issue.

I have asked them for SAR back in June but have not heard anything as yet from them. I hope to get it sooner as they replied on Friday that SAR will be sent you shortly. So will update you on any issues which are highlighted.

In term of the actual response from HO, it was regarding Character checks not being completed as yet. I don't even have driving points let alone any conviction. The exact wording is below.

RE: Application for Naturalisation as a British citizen

I refer to your letter received in our office on 11 March 2021 regarding both your applications for naturalisation as a British citizen.

As I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied.

As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. The progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, we will notify you accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Xxxxxxxx
Nationality Team
Department 56
Home Office

Looking forward to hear any feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

UKVAC appointment after upload using app?

Post by im2018 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:10 am

Hi All,

i have had my biometrics done via the app last year in September 2020 but did not receive any result on the application as yet.

I have logged into the ukvac website and it allowed me to book an in person appointment now. Just wondering if that might help speed up the process somehow or is it not worth it and i should continue to wait as normal.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PS i have received my SAR as well and it did not highlight something unusual.

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVAC appointment after upload using app?

Post by im2018 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:04 am

@secret.simon i will appreciate if i can have an answer to my last post. Thanks in advance.

im2018
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVAC appointment after upload using app?

Post by im2018 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:24 am

im2018 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:04 am
@secret.simon i will appreciate if i can have an answer to my last post. Thanks in advance.
Application finally approved after 13 months. Alhamdullillah.