ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I submit application from outside the UK to register my UK-born baby as a british citizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Can I submit application from outside the UK to register my UK-born baby as a british citizen?

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:12 pm

I am a Global Talent Visa holder currently in the UK, and we are expecting a baby (due early next year) who will be born in the UK. We are planning such that my wife shall travel with the baby to our country of origin, India, departing the UK approximately 2 months after birth & after completing immunisations (for the baby, we intend to apply for an Indian passport, but do NOT intend to apply for their dependent UK visa). We intend to purchase private medical cover for the baby after 3 months of birth.

Approximately a few weeks after the baby is born, I intend to apply for my ILR via the super-priority route (mine is a straight-forward case), and hope to get it approved within a few weeks time.

If the baby is already in India when I receive my ILR BRP, can they be registered as a British citizen (i.e. can an application to register the baby born in the UK as a British citizen be made outside the UK)? Note that the baby will not have a dependent UK visa. Otherwise, the baby's re-entry to the UK shall be jeopardized, right?

vinny

Re: Can I submit application from outside the UK to register my UK-born baby as a british citizen?

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.