ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit to Tier 1 HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rasal
Newly Registered

Work permit to Tier 1 HSMP

Post by rasal » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi group,

I'm on a work permit (from an umbrella compnay) and i'm asked to look for contract jobs. I'm not allowed to look for permanent jobs at the moment. Most of the agencies are interested in HSMP holders. How easy is it to move from a work permit to Tier 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rasal.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm on a work permit (from an umbrella compnay) and i'm asked to look for contract jobs. I'm not allowed to look for permanent jobs at the moment.
From what you have mentioned it seems that you are working illegally in the UK. Umbrella companies are not allowed to sponsor work permit. You better get yourself sorted quickly.

How easy it is to shift from work permit to Tier 1 really depends upon individual circumstances.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:05 pm

heya switching does depend on individual cases.
It took my 24 days to switch for WP > Tier 1 but i didn't get docs until about 10 days after

jhp

Re: Work permit to Tier 1 HSMP

Post by jhp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 am

rasal wrote:Hi group,

I'm on a work permit (from an umbrella compnay) and i'm asked to look for contract jobs. I'm not allowed to look for permanent jobs at the moment. Most of the agencies are interested in HSMP holders. How easy is it to move from a work permit to Tier 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rasal.

depends on the documentation you have i.e payslips and bank statements. It took me 35 days.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Hello

I know one of my friend who is providing contracting work for a company who has sponsered his work permit. Reading the posts i presume my frnd is working illegally? Cud anybody pls provide me the guidelines/ rules for this.. The company is also abusing the sponsorship by not providing him his complete payments. Is there anything he can do against that company?? Any help wud be appreciated.

Thanks.