ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unexplained delays for priority ILR over 18 application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyznnn
Newly Registered
India

Unexplained delays for priority ILR over 18 application

Post by xyznnn » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi, I am currently awaiting an urgent ILR decision. It's been about a month and a half and I still have not received any response. Could someone advice what I can do next? I need to receive my ILR before 1st September else I will lose my university offer so it is very urgent

Applied for ILR Route: Set (O) 5-year route dependant of father who has ILR
Date application submitted (online): 27 June 2021
Type of application: Priority Service. 5 working days
UKVCAS Appointment/Biometrics submitted: 12 July 2021
Decision email received: waiting
BRP courier delivery notification from UKVI: waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting

I did not receive any communication whatsoever after the 5 day service standard, so raised an escalation the day after. Was told it would take 15 working days but ended up waiting almost 25 working days. Still nothing. Today the UKVI contact centre informed me that the escalation team is working through requests made on 23rd July(I requested on 20th July) and that they are unable to tell me why I haven't heard anything. Ended up hanging up on me.

I have also asked my MP to request an update but nothing received yet.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unexplained delays for priority ILR over 18 application

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:40 pm

The priority service is not a guaranteed service. They will not communicate anything to you. If there is a delay due to unforeseen circumstances, then they probably refund your service fees and you should expect a decision within a standard timeframe. Wait to hear back as the standard timeframe for ILR is 6 months. Involving an MP or calling their 3rd party numbers because they could not make a priority decision is not fruitful I am afraid.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xyznnn
Newly Registered
India

Post by xyznnn » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:51 pm

I see. Surely, if there is a delay for any reason, they should notify me of that within the 5 day period? I have not received any communication like that. They also did not reply at all to my escalation request. I am worried weather they have lost my application altogether.

I am now considering reapplying with the 24 hour service. Would that be a good decision?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:57 pm

xyznnn wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:51 pm
I see. Surely, if there is a delay for any reason, they should notify me of that within the 5 day period? I have not received any communication like that. They also did not reply at all to my escalation request. I am worried weather they have lost my application altogether.

I am now considering reapplying with the 24 hour service. Would that be a good decision?
They do not communicate anything as I said. Also, DO NOT go and apply again. Your case is delayed because it has probably raised complex issues that are being looked at. This has NOTHING to do with the type of priority service you chose.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice