ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal immigrant back to Albania

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

romanempire
Newly Registered

Illegal immigrant back to Albania

Post by romanempire » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi, I have a different question this time. My husband was a former illegal immigrant in the UK (for nine years) and he voluntarily came back last august 2008 to his country Albania. All he has in his passport is a stamp when he left from gatwick with the date on it. Now, my husband's brother is an italian citizen and he can help him get a work permit to come to Italy. All I am worried about for the moment is: do you think that the fact that he had stamp from Gatwick and not a proper visa to the UK can have a neagtive impact on his application for work in Italy? thanks so much for your advice.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Shouldn't do, but if he's worried, why not just get a new passport?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Illegal immigrant back to Albania

Post by sakura » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:40 pm

romanempire wrote:Hi, I have a different question this time. My husband was a former illegal immigrant in the UK (for nine years) and he voluntarily came back last august 2008 to his country Albania. All he has in his passport is a stamp when he left from gatwick with the date on it. Now, my husband's brother is an italian citizen and he can help him get a work permit to come to Italy. All I am worried about for the moment is: do you think that the fact that he had stamp from Gatwick and not a proper visa to the UK can have a neagtive impact on his application for work in Italy? thanks so much for your advice.
His brother can 'help' him 'get' a work permit, just like that? Are you sure it is all legit? Does he have any skills that could guarantee him a work permit?

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 pm

How, get a work permit? Just like that? That is impossible! The maximum he might get is an Italian national visa as a family member IF his Italian brother is keeping him and even here I am very doubtful, as he is married to you and you live in the UK. Or is he going to lie, to say he has never left Albania and has never married? If this comes out, at any time, he loses everything and his brother risks going behind the bars.

Are you an EEA citizen? This might make things easier.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:11 pm

thanks for your replies. yes it is legitimate actually his brother is an Italian citizen and he already brought to Italy his younger brother and sister and his brother in law. since his brother owns his own comapany he will be sponsoring his brother same way he did with the rest of his family.
Now the only difference with the rest of the family memebers is that my husband has the stamp from Gatwick which obviously means that he has been illegal in the UK. What do you think the chances are?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:14 pm

romanempire wrote:..my husband has the stamp from Gatwick which obviously means that he has been illegal in the UK. What do you think the chances are?
Probably won't matter, but why not just get a new passport?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.