ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions Set(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TanJL
United Kingdom

ILR questions Set(M)

Post by TanJL » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Hello, my husband is looking at changing employers before his ILR application in Feb/March 2022.

The new company is not technically UK based (almost all staff are remote & main head office is in US), but they have a registered office in the UK & will be paying him in £ through normal payroll, with tax deductions & pensions etc.

I have gone through the FM1.7 appendix & FM SE and can't see anything that says this wouldn't be acceptable income but just hoping for some reassurance.

When my husband was applying for his previous FLR(M) he was looking to join a company that was based in Malta and would have been paid in Euros and I remember being really concerned by that and I can't work out if I'm just projecting my insecurities now lol

Also, his current company is not great & he's reluctant to have to ask them for details of his employment (ie letter confirming online payslips are authentic), unless he has to, after he quits. His previous company were great & if we apply March 2022, he would have earnt (pre tax) ~ £23k with new company in 4 months & could include his previous employer who he was with until April 2021, would this be acceptable or should he just suck it up & hope his current employer aren't difficult/slow with providing the information we need?

Also just like some confirmation that I'm calculating correctly for earliest date we can apply for his ILR: he entered UK on a fiance visa so we're using the date his first FLR(M) was issued which is 28/03/2017. So I think we can apply 5 years after that minus 28 days? Is that right? Gives me the 28/02/2022 as earliest application date?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR questions Set(M)

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:31 pm

It all sounds good to me. Just note that he needs his current employer to give him a letter :!:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks for your reply Zimba (:
Can he get the letter now?
I think he needs it purely for confirmation that his online payslips are authentic so I'm thinking he will have to wait and get it within 28 days of application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:11 pm

This must be recent when you apply. Get this in 2022
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Many thanks for your confirmation Zimba (:
Hopefully his current company will not make things difficult when we ask for this next year!