ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about working with student visa & PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Confused about working with student visa & PSW

Post by SuperX7 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi guys,

Im just about to apply for my PSW visa as I have recently graduated. Im already working at the moment (as my student visa allows me to work full-time during holidays and since I graduated I am on holidays now)...

My current employer is requesting that I show my new permit to continue working after my visa expires (end of this month) but obviously I wont be able to do that until I get a decision from the home office, which could take weeks.

I remember reading somewhere that if my visa application is pending, I can continue to work but I cannot find this information. Can someone shed some light or documentary evidence so I can show my employer so I can continue working whilst my application is pending?

Regards.

S

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 pm

The leave is "treated as continuing".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.