ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September Applicant Got Approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dmrao
Newly Registered

Post by dmrao » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi All,

Today, I got my original documentation along with the approval letter. :D :D :D

Now to apply FLR(IED).

My Timeline:

In Country Application, Over 28 years
Application Submitted: 28-Sep-2004
Received by HSMP: 29-Sep-2004
Application Ref. #: 0276XX
Approval Date: 23-Feb-2005
Recorded Delivery: 01-Mar-2005

Thanks
dmrao

atwoodclan
Newly Registered

Post by atwoodclan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 pm

:D Congrats to you!

Glad to hear that someone from the never-ending backlog que got approved.

Good luck with your FLR.

wazman
Newly Registered

occupation?

Post by wazman » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:47 am

Dmrao,

Could you please state what field you work in? This might help members of this message board determine whether they are hand-picking applicants from certain fields.

Thanks,
Wazman.

Saint

Post by Saint » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:00 am

Congratulations Dmrao!

Did you do anything to accelerate the process (calls/faxes/job offer etc) or did it just happen like that?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:30 am

congrats Dmrao, nice to see there is light at the end of the tunnel for Pre december applicants. All the best with FLR. and yes did you request urgent treatment (job offer), if so when?

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:33 am

Good to hear. I assume that you applied from out of the UK, and you didn't have a job offer/ urgent request? Also, what is your field, are you a Doctor?
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

dmrao
Newly Registered

Replies

Post by dmrao » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:51 pm

Saint/f2k/Alagomeji: It just happened..no Job Offer..no Urgency request..I am in IT.

yhdyhd

Re: Replies

Post by yhdyhd » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:10 pm

dmrao wrote:Saint/f2k/Alagomeji: It just happened..no Job Offer..no Urgency request..I am in IT.
hi dmrao, had you disclosed that you are a work permit holder in your application? I had seen on another site that HSMP team worker told an applicant that one reason of the delay of their process is that they treat work permit as job offer and give them urgent treatment. I don't know are you the case? Or did they process the application backward?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:42 am

It could be also that there is a different queue for all in-country applicants, be it WP holders, Student, WHV.
The one thing now that might cause a problem (for the pre December applicants) is that all those who are rejected in February can effective send in new applications straight away and have them looked at way before someone who applied in June / July. somethin is really not right.

brave
Newly Registered

Post by brave » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:40 am

My understanding of how HSMP is working:

based on the approval mechanisms,

After christmas, HO totally freezed June 7+ applications (there were practically no updates from June 7+ applications for 2 months)
Divided the team and one team concentrated totally on applications from Jan beginning onwards and other team concentrated on December end onward (back processing).

In February around 20th, HO felt that backlog is too high in LTR and HSMP. For HSMP, they should have dedicated a team to process till june 10 (however i am not sure on this) My best bet is that they have chosen September end as the fork point. 2 teams will work forward and backward from the fork point (sep 30).

However, I am still not understanding the logic behind this whole strategy. With comming elections, an update more than 26 weeks (around 46 weeks) will tout the inefficiency of HO and hence they never change 26 in the operational service page! They have only a month and they got to do something really better. (I guess they understood it in FLR and hence they have quoted +20 weeks in their update). Lets all hope that they do something for HSMP.

This is just a theory based on the anomalies!

Saint

Post by Saint » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:59 am

brave, that's a creative and complicated theory but there are so many unknowns that I believe it's not worth spending any time on theories. The reason could be as simple as the discovery of some forgotten files on a desk and they might have been treated as new applications, which are processed faster :)

On the other hand, I definitely agree with f2k - something is really not right.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:36 pm

am with you saint and f2k on this. for june - dec applicants, there's just no theory that can explain the rationale for processing LIFO (last in first out). only the team at HO can explain what is going on..
i would have thought that this system would exemplify what excellent service delivery is all about but it's not just happening and there is no explanation, just automated replies!
it's quite unfortunate really.. :oops:
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

dmrao
Newly Registered

Update on FLR

Post by dmrao » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi All,

Today I got back our passports stamped for ONE year.

So, at least some peace.

Good Luck to all

Cheers
Mallik

pipo_2004
Newly Registered

Post by pipo_2004 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi Dmrao,

Could you state where did you score points on the different categories and what documents you submitted.

cheers,

pipo