ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Visa to India from UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yasiraliamu
Newly Registered
India

Emergency Visa to India from UK

Post by yasiraliamu » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi guys,
I want to travel to India as its a medical emergency.
My wife and I are Indian passport holders but we have a child who is British national and does not have OCI.

1. Any suggestions on how to proceed with my case and I need to travel within the 5-7 days. What sort of medical certificate(s) from India are required?

2. Please advise on how to start the procedure.
Do I start with booking the appointment like in case of OCI - book appointment first then do the documentation.

3. Are tourists visa open to India?

Thank you in advance

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Emergency Visa to India from UK

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm

1. You can try writing to indian high commission and check if they could grant an entry/emergency visa, you must provide as much documentation as possible for quick consideration. Given the severity and emergency of your situation, high commission can expedite & let you know the best way forward. (Info.london@mea.gov.in)

2. You must have Surrender Certificate prior to applying for OCI. If you don't have Surrender Certificate kindly first book appointment for the same.

3. Tourist visa is suspended at the moment.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI