ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On student visa, applying for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gcsreddy
Newly Registered

On student visa, applying for HSMP

Post by gcsreddy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Hello
iam a student visa holder and studying ACCA (still 9 months to complete). at the same time i am getting 85 points for HSMP. Am I eligeable to apply for HSMP from UK itself. If eligeable how much time it might take under with job offer / without job offer conditions.thanks in advane.
regards
GCSReddy

rella

Post by rella » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:55 am

You can apply and even get approved. But, you can't get an FLR(IED) until you graduate. So, if the HSMP is approved right away, you have 6 months to get the FLR applied for, or the HSMP expires and is useless to you. The other option is to apply from your home country, and apply for EC. I don't know what the consulate would do in the case of your having a valid student visa, while attending school and requesting EC for HSMP. Does anyone know?

It's probably better to wait until it's near to your graduation time, especially if new applications continue to be processed quickly.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: On student visa, applying for HSMP

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:24 am

gcsreddy wrote:Hello
iam a student visa holder and studying ACCA (still 9 months to complete). at the same time i am getting 85 points for HSMP. Am I eligeable to apply for HSMP from UK itself. If eligeable how much time it might take under with job offer / without job offer conditions.thanks in advane.
regards
GCSReddy
as rella stated, you are perfectly entitled to apply for HSMP itself, but will not be able to change your Leave to Remain, from student status to HSMP holder. At present moment its taking around aboout a week to get approval (that is for those applying now - see several posts on this forum), so the job offer in this instance wont really speed up anything.
Now the tricky part as far as i can see is whether you can actually apply as out of country even though you are staying in the UK at moment and if you apply as in country, you will get a letter which is different from the out of country applicants and might be able to apply for EC at your home embassy.

rakushka
Newly Registered

Post by rakushka » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi guys!

I'm very stressed now after I read all about switching visa. I got my HSMP approval and sent FLR(IED) last week. I have graduated UK Uni and got MSc last year, but now I'm still on student visa doing MBA and visa is upto the end of Oct. Will I be able to switch into this working FLR visa now or they will make me wait until October?
It's very frustrated.... :shock:

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:49 pm

Guys PLEASE dont make up things if you are nor certain about them!

you can change your status from 'student' to 'HSMP' without leaving the country!

Switching into the Highly Skilled Migrant
and Innovators categories.
Nationals from non-EEA countries may apply to switch into the Highly Skilled Migrant and
Innovators categories without leaving the UK provided they have existing leave as:
A work permit holder; or
A student who has graduated at a UK higher or further educational establishment; or
A working holiday maker; or
A postgraduate doctor or dentist or trainee general practitioners;

MORE DETAILS:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... eaflet.pdf

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:14 pm

nobody is making things up. the answers given here are for this particular case where by this guy wants to apply for hsmp but has NOT yet finished his programme. I agree you can switch to HSMP but only after GRADUATING.