ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1g registration refused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zulqarnain

Stamp 1g registration refused

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello,

I had an appointment today at Waterford Immigration Office to convert my visa from Stamp 2 to Stamp 1g because I have now passed my Level 9 (masters degree). I went with the required documents including the results from university, passport, stamp 2 IRP card and insurance.

However, during my appointment visa officer looked at the stamps in my passport which shows that I travelled to UK few times since my arrival in Ireland and this lead to questioning like why I will visit UK for my eyes treatment when I have private medical insurance in Ireland. I could feel the officer was not happy about it and started enquiring about my address in Ireland. I gave a proof of address and then the officer told me that they don't think my landlord knows about my residence in his property. I got asked to come back tomorrow with a letter from landlord confirming that I lived in his properly since my arrival in Ireland.

But I do not have an access to the landlord, I have access to the Managing Agent of the landlord who provided me with a room in property. I paid rent on time and always and lived in house happily. Having discussed this issue with the Managing Agent, he wrote me a letter confirming my stay at my address.

However, this letter is written by my Managing Agent and not by landlord. Landlord lives in a foreign country which is his home country and I am unable to approach him directly and get a letter from him for immigration. A letter from Managing Agent confirming my residence is the best I can get.

So I wanted to know if a letter from Managing Agent is sufficient to confirm my residence for Immigration Officer or not having a letter directly from Landlord can be a serious problem during my appointment.

Any advise or your views are much appreciated.

Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 1g registration refused

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Yes your 'landlord' is the management company, not the actual person who owns the house.

Some staff just have too much time and couldn't care less about the already huge backlogs or complaints they've got.

Why would you have stamps from the UK though? If you travel from Ireland to the UK, there should be no entry stamps.