ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Satak81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application Query

Post by Satak81 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:28 pm

Hi,
I'm a British citizen and my wife moved to the UK in Sept 2016. She received her ILR recently under the 5-year spouse route. Can she apply for her Naturalisation straight away or does she have to wait 12 months before she can make one?
Thank you.

atikur
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Application Query

Post by atikur » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:47 am

She can apply for naturalisation straight away. I have the same situation but my wife came in to this country 2013. Well, she was 5 years dependency route and she got her ILR granted couple of months ago. I am planning to apply naturalisation now.

Satak81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Satak81 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:03 am

Thank you for the reply.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:31 am

Naturalisation is not a part of the immigration pathway, which ends at ILR.

So long as your wife meets the conditions for the spouse of a British citizen on the date of the naturalisation application (such as being physically present in the UK exactly three years before the date of application, etc), she can apply for naturalisation under Section 6(2) of the BNA 1981.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.