ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to UK from germany by Bus

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cgohil

Going to UK from germany by Bus

Post by cgohil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am

Hi,

I got my tier 1 UK visa in august end and now i am in germany.
I am planning to go to UK by bus, I have few queries.

1) Can I travel to UK by Bus with the tier1 visa from germany.
2) How my passport will be stamped if I go by Bus,
3) Who will note my presense in UK that I came here in UK during this period.

I will be there in UK for 2 days only.

I need ur suggestion.

cheers,
cgohil

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 am

What visa do u have in Germany?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:41 pm

I am here in germany on BV (Schengen visa).

Can u clarify my doubts.

cheers,
Wanderer wrote:What visa do u have in Germany?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Why r u travelling to UK - it is for a visit?

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:17 pm

I have to go for some work for 2 days only.

cheers
Wanderer wrote:Why r u travelling to UK - it is for a visit?

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: Going to UK from germany by Bus

Post by charles4u » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:23 pm

cgohil wrote:Hi,

I got my tier 1 UK visa in august end and now i am in germany.
I am planning to go to UK by bus, I have few queries.

1) Can I travel to UK by Bus with the tier1 visa from germany.
2) How my passport will be stamped if I go by Bus,
3) Who will note my presense in UK that I came here in UK during this period.

I will be there in UK for 2 days only.

I need ur suggestion.

cheers,
cgohil
If u have a UK visitor and valid visa then u can go by any means and if u are a free-visa to uk national But if non of this condition then I bet U need a visa for sure...
Charles4u

cgohil

Re: Going to UK from germany by Bus

Post by cgohil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:43 pm

[I have a HSMP visa for Uk which is valid till 2011, I know I can travel but i have a questions which is asked in my first thread.
I want clarification on that.

cheers,

If u have a UK visitor and valid visa then u can go by any means and if u are a free-visa to uk national But if non of this condition then I bet U need a visa for sure...[/quote]

BAI
Newly Registered

Post by BAI » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:05 pm

1. If you have a valid HSMP visa that is valid until 2011 then you can travel to the UK by whatever means you want, including by bus. At the border in France (Calais) the IO is going to check your passport and the visa to make sure that you still qualify for admission into the UK. However, you probably need to explain that it is a VISIT that you came to the UK for. Just make sure that the IO understands this as HSMP is a business visa, so you have to explain fully why you wish to enter the UK at this stage.

2. You will have to get off the bus and physically go through UK Border Control at Calais. Your luggage will be checked as well by customs.

3. I'm not sure about this question but at the border, you have to fill in a Landing Card (If you are a visa national) and the UK Immigration Service retains this. This is the only governmental agency that will know that you entered the UK.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 am

Thnx for ur valuablce answer,

I have one more doubt if I say i m travelling for some interview and visit to my replative then does they going to ask where r u going and does they going to take the details like location and where r u giving interveiw? through which agency? will they going to see my document confirming the same?.

cheers,
BAI wrote:1. If you have a valid HSMP visa that is valid until 2011 then you can travel to the UK by whatever means you want, including by bus. At the border in France (Calais) the IO is going to check your passport and the visa to make sure that you still qualify for admission into the UK. However, you probably need to explain that it is a VISIT that you came to the UK for. Just make sure that the IO understands this as HSMP is a business visa, so you have to explain fully why you wish to enter the UK at this stage.

2. You will have to get off the bus and physically go through UK Border Control at Calais. Your luggage will be checked as well by customs.

3. I'm not sure about this question but at the border, you have to fill in a Landing Card (If you are a visa national) and the UK Immigration Service retains this. This is the only governmental agency that will know that you entered the UK.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 am

Why don't you just tell us the whole story instead of in dribs and drabs?

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Wanderer,

Dont be so harsh...

This is wat I wanted to confirm and would like to know as I am not aware of the immigration process of Uk if I go by bus, I am aware wat is the immigration process if I go by flight.....

So for that only I am making sure wat information or details they asked? and I need to produce to them.

For u it will be story but for me its a valuable information which I should aware of before travelling othherwise it will create a problem for me.

Anyways thanx for ur information.

cheers,

Wanderer wrote:Why don't you just tell us the whole story instead of in dribs and drabs?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

If you have a valid HSMP, you can go to the UK whenever you want. You need not be concerned about that.

What you need to worry about is whether your German Schenegan visa will remain valid so that you can return (it won't be if it is single entry).

But why are you in Germany if you have a valid HSMP? Why are you not working in the UK?

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 am

its multi entry visa...so not to worry.

cheers,
gani999 wrote:If you have a valid HSMP, you can go to the UK whenever you want. You need not be concerned about that.

What you need to worry about is whether your German Schenegan visa will remain valid so that you can return (it won't be if it is single entry).

But why are you in Germany if you have a valid HSMP? Why are you not working in the UK?