ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to Citizenship concerns

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londoner0
Newly Registered
American Samoa

ILR to Citizenship concerns

Post by Londoner0 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 pm

Hello all,

I got my ILR earlier in the Spring this year, and am hoping to apply for the British passport next year, however I have a few worries:

1) I got a fine and 3 penalty points on my licence in the summer- how will this impact my application?
2) I was made redundant, so am currently unemployed looking for work so my PAYYE is missing and even before this I was a minimal salary so it's not a huge amount of tax that I pay. I am living off my savings until I find another job. How much does this impact the application and how much is the expected minimum earning threshold they accept, acknowledge?
3) My Master's was in London, in the UK so do I have to do the English exam, and for the ILR I had to the Life in UK test, do I have to re-do it again?

Thank you for your help.

secret.simon

Re: ILR to Citizenship concerns

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:54 am

Londoner0 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 pm
2) I was made redundant, so am currently unemployed looking for work so my PAYYE is missing and even before this I was a minimal salary so it's not a huge amount of tax that I pay. I am living off my savings until I find another job. How much does this impact the application and how much is the expected minimum earning threshold they accept, acknowledge?
Irrelevant. Employment or earnings are not a pre-requisite for naturalisation.
Londoner0 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 pm
3) My Master's was in London, in the UK so do I have to do the English exam, and for the ILR I had to the Life in UK test, do I have to re-do it again?
Provided you have got your Masters certificate and transcript, you will not need to do the English test. And if you have submitted the LITUK test for ILR, you will not need to do that test again either.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Londoner0
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Re: ILR to Citizenship concerns

Post by Londoner0 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks for the info!