ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - 3 Qs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Naturalization - 3 Qs

Post by mesn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Hi Team, I am applying for British Naturalization for myself, Wife and 6Y old daughter. Could you please help me with the following Qs, please?
  • If all 3 of us apply together, will the application be processed together? Is it a better idea for me to apply separately to make sure the wife and/or kid get approval faster if their applications are more straightforward or processed in parallel?
  • Can I choose a different Council for the Oath ceremony and do some research to see which is the fastest or HO always sends the letter to the local council?
  • What time are the free appointments released on UKVCAS? 12AM or 9AM? Are there free appointments on weekends?
Thanks a lot :D
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization - 3 Qs

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 pm

If all 3 of us apply together, will the application be processed together? Is it a better idea for me to apply separately to make sure the wife and/or kid get approval faster if their applications are more straightforward or processed in parallel?
Each applicant is processed individually. It makes no difference how you apply. THey are not processed together as a family application whether you apply together or not.
Can I choose a different Council for the Oath ceremony and do some research to see which is the fastest or HO always sends the letter to the local council?
You can but you could end up disappointed. What might be quicker now, is possible to be delayed in a few months. Not many councils are currently severely delayed.
What time are the free appointments released on UKVCAS? 12AM or 9AM? Are there free appointments on weekends?
Like asking how long is a piece of string. It is hugely dependent on your area and how flexible you are. Free appointments however are few and get snapped up really quickly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Naturalization - 3 Qs

Post by mesn » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 pm
If all 3 of us apply together, will the application be processed together? Is it a better idea for me to apply separately to make sure the wife and/or kid get approval faster if their applications are more straightforward or processed in parallel?
Each applicant is processed individually. It makes no difference how you apply. THey are not processed together as a family application whether you apply together or not.
Can I choose a different Council for the Oath ceremony and do some research to see which is the fastest or HO always sends the letter to the local council?
You can but you could end up disappointed. What might be quicker now, is possible to be delayed in a few months. Not many councils are currently severely delayed.
What time are the free appointments released on UKVCAS? 12AM or 9AM? Are there free appointments on weekends?
Like asking how long is a piece of string. It is hugely dependent on your area and how flexible you are. Free appointments however are few and get snapped up really quickly.
Thanks CR001. Super helpful as always.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022