ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DKV
India

Parents Visit visa

Post by DKV » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Hi All,

I would like to apply visit visas for my parents from India in December this year. I would be really grateful if anyone of you can answer the below:

1. My father is a retired government official in India and does not get pension each month. He was paid a lump sum whilst retiring. He has those funds in his bank although they are in bank as Fixed deposits. He has around £15k deposits in his bank but the normal balance in his savings account is less than 10000 INR. Is this acceptable?

2. I am going to show around £7k deposit in my current in the UK to prove I have enough funds for their visit. Is this ok or would the UKVI like to see the balance in my parents account? I can prove my employment and also provide 6 to 12 pay slips supporting this income.

3. My parents own a house in India and my brother looks after them so would this be enough proof that they will return to India?

4. Should UKVI wish to see a closing balance in my parents account, can they deposit money into their account now and apply in December considering only 7-8 weeks are left?

Many thanks,
DKV

DKV
India

Re: Parents Visit visa

Post by DKV » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:22 am

Hi, Please can anyone respond, thanks.

Macxtor04
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by Macxtor04 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 am

Hello DKV, did you submit 6 months' bank statements for your dad? also what documents did you submit for your mother? Thanks

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi,

My parents visa was approved on 20th of December after applying on 14th of December by priority route. After extensive research I realised proving home ties is the most important aspect for approval.

I submitted the following documents:

My father's 6 months bank statement
My parents fixed deposit statement (jointly held)
Property document
No objection certificate from my father for access to funds for my mother
My brother's passport copy (to prove home ties and dependency)

My UK bank statement- 6months with balance on 7000 GBP
Employer letter

Thanks,
DKV

aamirchoksi
BANNED
India

Post by aamirchoksi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Thanks, DKV for this extensive list, I'm trying to call my parents for the first time as well and planning to apply in priority from Ahmedabad, since waiting times have gone up to 60-70 days. I've prepared a list of documents would you mind if you please look at this and comment on if I'm missing something. First post only.
once again, I highly appreciate you sharing the list.

general-uk-immigration-forum/joint-prop ... l#p2050539

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:24 am

Hi,

I would suggest you to include the following as well. These may not be necessary but these will surely add more weight.

Chartered Accountant report listing all movable and immovable assets ( I paid 3000rs in India)
NOC from either parents to access funds from any joint accounts

Also please see my reply in the below post regarding VFS India. It may clear other doubts you may have.

general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-visitor ... V#p2047791

pathanMustafa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by pathanMustafa » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:39 am

Hello DKV,

Did you upload all your fathers documents e.g: FD, property and bank statement and other again with your mothers application as well ?

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:17 am

Yes I did, to be on safe side.

pathanMustafa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by pathanMustafa » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:03 pm

Thanks DKV.