ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's visit visa refused. What to do next?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Mother's visit visa refused. What to do next?

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:45 am

Hi guys,

I am a British Citizen by naturalisation and I applied for my mother's visit visa as a sole sponsor but it was refused.

Here's the refusal reason:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 – V4.10 of Appendix V for the following reasons:
1. You state that you are visiting your son and his family in the UK. I recognise that
family visits are important. I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s
support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider
whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the
requirements of the Immigration Rules I must assess your own personal and financial
circumstances.
2. You have provided your son’s documents, including his British passport and
evidence of his employment, income, finances and ability to accommodate you.
While I take that into account in assessing your proposed maintenance and
accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this
sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion
of your visit.
3. You state that you are unemployed. You also state that you are married and have
provided a document showing your husband owns a property. However, the
documents provided do not demonstrate how you are supported in your home
country.
4. The lack of any evidence either from your or your husband, particularly any evidence
of finances or income, raises concerns. The documents indicate that your only
financial support comes from your UK sponsor. I note that your sponsor mentions in
his covering letter that you have other children in your home country, however there
is no indication that they support you.
5. This raises concerns, as the only document provided relating to your personal
circumstances is a property ownership document in your husband’s name. The
documents therefore do not satisfy me that you have demonstrated your personal
and economic situation in your home country are such as to ensure you are visiting
the UK for the reason or duration stated. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely
seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that
you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration
Rules.
My mother is a house wife and my father is a self employed individual who does not maintain his bank account at all and usually deals in cash as most people do in Pakistan. My siblings are still studying and do not work at all so there is no way they could be listed as sponsors.

I also sent remittances to my father and mother's bank account every month and they usually withdraw the money immediately so I did not attach their bank statements with their application as the only transactions listed in the statements were foreign remittances.

So my question is, what can we do now to apply for the visit visa again? What does my father need to provide to show that he supports the family whilst the remittances are only a fraction of the household income?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Mother's visit visa refused. What to do next?

Post by THO » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:45 am

I'm afraid I do not think you stand a chance, there is nothing you can do to prove your mother will return home.

My OH was twice turned down for visit visa from VN, and she had all the supporting bank statements, a great job to go back to, travel history including to Europe and I have a house I own so the HO could always find me. Once you get one no, it is really hard to overcome that, and what additional evidence could you possibly give that will support her case strongly enough to overcome the suspicion?

Don't waste your money on another failed application, go visit them.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:37 pm

THO wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:45 am
I'm afraid I do not think you stand a chance, there is nothing you can do to prove your mother will return home.

My OH was twice turned down for visit visa from VN, and she had all the supporting bank statements, a great job to go back to, travel history including to Europe and I have a house I own so the HO could always find me. Once you get one no, it is really hard to overcome that, and what additional evidence could you possibly give that will support her case strongly enough to overcome the suspicion?

Don't waste your money on another failed application, go visit them.
So are you saying that if my father was to work on his bank statement and provide a sponsorship letter as well then the chances of a successful application is little or none? I'd have thought that if I added a second sponsor i.e. my father and his bank statements then that would cover the points ECO raised in the first refusal and put a strong case forward?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am

I'd have to say that the answer would still be no. How can your father work on his bank accounts, or do you mean start to put his cash payments into a bank account and over time build up a history to show the HO? That would take a good while.

The HO seemed to ignore the fact that your mother would be leaving your father behind. He would seem to me to be the biggest reason for her return, but since the HO has no idea whether your parents' relationship is sound or not, she could just be wanting to leave him and not go back.

I am afraid to say, but I think you have got a big task ahead of you, once you get one refusal it is hard to overcome and then a second would make it almost impossible to receive a visa.

Others on here, may well have a different opinion.

THO.