ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themanutdmaniac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

COS Confusion

Post by themanutdmaniac » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Hi all,
I currently work for my company (lets call it A) and I have received an offer from another company (B).

My new company B joining date is in 8th November 2021 and I have 7 days of notice period from my company A. Now the BRP has arrived from company B (they did a priority service). Can I work with the old company till the new cos start date (inclusive of the notice period) while my old BRP is cancelled and the new one is active? (The old brp generally is null and void when the new one is issued.)

Please answer as soon as possible. I dont want to be stuck into any legal issues. A bit confused and tensed.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: COS Confusion

Post by manci » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:26 am

If the work start date in the new CoS is 8 November you are allowed to continue working for the current sponsor until then.

Even if the work start date in the new CoS were earlier than 8 November you would be allowed to work out a contractual notice period in which case give notice asap.

The new BRP is not an issue as the valid from date on BRPs is generally the date when the application was granted.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

themanutdmaniac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by themanutdmaniac » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:39 am

My notice period, as I said is for 7 days.
So can I work till the end of this month with my old sponsor consdiering the joining is on the 8th of Nov and only one week of notice? I dont want to sit idle and lose my legit salary sustaining myself in this expensive city without earning.

EngrImigrnt
Newly Registered
India

Post by EngrImigrnt » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Could you please share the visa timelines.
I've got an offer and the company has applied for CoS. I'm waiting for CoS to be obtained so that I can then proceed with the next steps

themanutdmaniac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by themanutdmaniac » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:47 pm

COS takes 15 days.
After that you are supposed to apply for the visa. For visa, you need a number of documents. I can explain them to you in details if you ping me on mobile number removed by moderator (whatsap). Too detailed to write here.

The visa application process takes 2 months.

themanutdmaniac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by themanutdmaniac » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:07 pm

COS takes 15 days.
After that you are supposed to apply for the visa. For visa, you need a number of documents.
The visa application process takes 2 months.

suyasht
Newly Registered
India

Post by suyasht » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:34 pm

If I am not wrong undefined visa does not take 15 days .. and we need undefined COS during switch visa process .

is that take 15 days for you for switch visa process?

themanutdmaniac
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by themanutdmaniac » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:49 pm

i dont know about undefined COS. Will have to wait for others to respond. thanks