ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting divorce before getting naturalized

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pikapika
Peru

Starting divorce before getting naturalized

Post by Pikapika » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi guys and thank you for all the help on this community, it really helped me a lot.

I have a quick question, I just received my brown envelope after waiting for 5 months for naturalization, currently waiting for local council to ring me to arrange the ceremony.

I am holding ILR for slightly over 2 years and me and my partner broke up shortly after I was granted the ILR and he moved out in about a month. I am now starting the divorce procedure, will it be ok to start the divorce procedure before I received my British passport? Will it not look strange to the registration office and will they not notify the UKBA? Generally speaking it was just a coincidence of me and my partner breaking up shortly after my ILR approval so no rules were broken.

Thank you so much and sorry I had to create a topic, there wasn't any relevant thread I could post it to.

Pika

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Starting divorce before getting naturalized

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:15 pm

You're overthinking. This is not an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pikapika
Peru

Re: Starting divorce before getting naturalized

Post by Pikapika » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Dear CROO1,

Thanks again, I will just proceed then :)