ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent (Spouse) HSPM-visa got rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lata

Dependent (Spouse) HSPM-visa got rejected

Post by lata » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 am

Hi,
I have got HSMP approval on 13th Aug and applied for EC on Aug 29th along with for my husband in VFS, hyderabad ,India.
I got EC on Oct 22nd but my spouse visa got rejected . ECO rejected it by saying the reason that insuffient funds.
But sufficient funds(GBP 2800+1600 GBP=4400 GBP ) are there. I have maintained the funds in two banks i.e ICICI bank (GBP 4481) and CITI bank( GBP 543) and I have submitted two bank statements. And the rate of exchange when I have submitted the application was 1GBP= INR 79.99

ECO mentioned in the " REFUSAL OF NOTICE" that
1. 1GBP= INR 84
2. ICICI bank statement dated 25th May to 27 th Aug.

Iam not understanding two points here
1. why he has taken 1GBP= INR 84
2. Why he did not consider my CITI bank amount

Can you please adivise me what to do now

I have called British high commision office, chennai. they are suggesting either to appeal or submit new appication again. and they are saying it will take 3 to 4 months to take decision on appeal.

Can any one applied for appeal ? and how long it will take?

I was planning to fly in the first week of Nov 08 along with my husband.
Iam very much tensed.. can you please advise me what to do now.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
Shailaja.

deepinder7090

Post by deepinder7090 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Dear LATA,

I got my visa approved on 20 oct but not have applied for my dependants.

As in your case what you can do is to apply fresh for your dependant
and maintain the funds close to the ecxhange rate of 85 GBP coz lot of application have been rejected on the bases of the maintanence funds nobody know what would be the exchange rate at the time of application so to be on a safer side maintain with a higher exchange rate .

Appeal cases takes more than 6 months
so it is your call .

regards,
deepinder

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Post by Chipungu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:19 am

This a bit worrying i have just gone on onada and check the rate on the 27 th of august i pound was equal to 80 INR, i am not sure we they got the 85. this is really worrying

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:40 am

My wife's dependent visa also got rejected on other grounds not funds. We have submitted appeal 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for the decision.

I am thinking to apply fresh. My HSMP was approved in July 2005 under old rules. If I apply fresh, do I still need to show maintenance funds? Please reply. Thanks.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:29 am

i m also going to apply for my wife n daughter visas. i came here in aug and now doing job here. i just hae one month salary deposit in my account. but i have about 6000 pounds in my account.

what you ppl think is this the right time to apply for dependants visa. i m under old hsmp rules. so there is no funds requirements.
Salman Ghani