ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR SETTLEMENT CHILDREN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

topalessek
Newly Registered

ILR FOR SETTLEMENT CHILDREN

Post by topalessek » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

My friend is from Morocco and has been here a number of years, when he had ILR he brought his four children over on a settlement visa. He now has British Citizenship.

However his children are now due to apply for ILR, 2 are under 18 and 2 are over 18 and working.

I called the Home Office who said that as the over 18s are not dependent on him and working, they can still apply for ILR but it is unlikely they will get it as they are working and would probably be returned to Morocco.

Can anyone help here - I have looked at the site but can't find anything similar.

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:41 pm

See also:

Annex M - General guidance part 1 & part 2 - guidance on interpretation of the rules (3. CHILD TO BE UNMARRIED, NOT LEADING AN INDEPENDENT LIFE, BE AND NOT HAVE FORMED AN INDEPENDENT FAMILY UNIT)

[url=http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Determinat ... px?Id=2021]MI (Paragraph 298 (iii): “independent lifeâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.