ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR: 13 days gap between WorkPermit and HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:34 pm

I would be grateful if somebody can advice me on the following.

In December 2008 I will be applying for ILR (5 years) on the following basis:

1. January 2004 - 16 June 2006: work permit
2. 29 June 2006 - June 2008: HSMP
3. June 2008 - June 2011: General Tier1

I resigned from my work on 16/09/2006 but HSMP had been issued only on 29/06/2006.

Might this be a problem for ILR? Should I explain this 13days gap? (though the explanation is quite trivial: I resigned in May being pretty confident that HSMP would have been issued by mid-June (i sent the HSMP approval to the HO in early May), but as a result of some delays in the Home Office it was only issued on the 29/06).

Thank you for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm

I don't think that a 13 day gap will be a problem, as long as you had valid leave to enter/remain. Especially since Work permit holders are normally permitted 28 days to change employment.
Change of employment applications wrote:Caseworkers should ensure that the new application is received within 28 days of a person’s previous employment ceasing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 am

Thank you! I'm relieved!

I hope that 28 days rule that applies to change of employment on work permits has the same logic for the WP -> HSMP.

Thanks for your help and links to the documentation.

:)