ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masouds
Iran

Proof of being in UK 5 years before (on the day)

Post by masouds » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:50 am

Hello,

I am not an EEA applicant for UK citizenship. Would my passport suffice to prove that I was in the UK exactly 5 years before my application?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of being in UK 5 years before (on the day)

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:23 am

The rule applies to all applicants. For residency proof your passport(s) covering the period are sufficient. The date five years back doesn't have to be proven specially - of course your absence listing or passport shouldn't show that on that date you were being absent...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

magicsign
Italy

Re: Proof of being in UK 5 years before (on the day)

Post by magicsign » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Luckily I kept the same bank account when I came to the UK so I was able to check the transactions exactly 5 years before from the application (actually it's the day after, 5 years back). From an guide:

For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2022 you should have been
physically present in the UK on 06/01/2017.

If you kept the same bank account it's quite easy to check that requirement. Or if your passport was getting stamped every time you were leaving uk which I belive it is your case

masouds
Iran

Date of submission

Post by masouds » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello,

I received my ILR last year on the 20th of October. Can I submit my application for naturalisation on the 20th Oct 2021 this year or should I submit it on 21st? Does it matter?

Thanks