ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign birth register

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay93
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Foreign birth register

Post by Kay93 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my application only a few weeks ago and by the looks of things on the main foreign birth register post, I won’t hear back before two years at the earliest :shock:. I just have a few questions if anyone can help as I’ve not heard back from the department directly:

1) The website said not to send documentation but the email confirmation said I should. Should I send them?

2) Im applying through my grandmother born in Ireland. She does not have current state-issued ID document. Is there any way around this? In hindsight I should have applied through my grandfather also born in Ireland (but is deceased) and therefore I would only need his birth and marriage certificate. Can I now change it to him now?

Thank you for your time!

maishun
China

Re: Foreign birth register

Post by maishun » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:49 am

Your grandfather died. You don't need to submit his passport, just his death certificate
If he gets married, you need to submit a marriage certificate

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Foreign birth register

Post by jgclancy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:26 am

Kay93 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:22 pm
Hi all,

I submitted my application only a few weeks ago and by the looks of things on the main foreign birth register post, I won’t hear back before two years at the earliest :shock:. I just have a few questions if anyone can help as I’ve not heard back from the department directly:

1) The website said not to send documentation but the email confirmation said I should. Should I send them?

2) Im applying through my grandmother born in Ireland. She does not have current state-issued ID document. Is there any way around this? In hindsight I should have applied through my grandfather also born in Ireland (but is deceased) and therefore I would only need his birth and marriage certificate. Can I now change it to him now?

Thank you for your time!
1) Do what the email said--send it.

2) Read through the main FBR thread -this issue has been discussed a few times concerning ID. I think changing which grandparent at this point wouldn't work. You'd have to contact the FBR office which is hard these days. Probably cancel this application completely & refile. Covid may shut it all down again as well. A lawyer can do something about attesting to grandmothers identity if you can afford it but read through the main thread for other ways.

jgclancy