ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rental accommodation & Query re: Education

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BiG-GuNs
Newly Registered

Rental accommodation & Query re: Education

Post by BiG-GuNs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 am

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you may be able to assist...

I currently reside in Australia and have just received my Letter of Introduction allowing me to work and reside in Canada however, I'm looking for a website with rental accommodation (ideally nationally but provincial will still assist) ... the sites I've found via google do not look all that professional and I'm looking for quality information before making the big move... we have a website in Australia (www.realestate.com.au) and I'm hoping there is a similar professional site I can search potential vacancies etc.

Also, how strict are employers when it comes to university education? I'm currently employed as a Banker (Commercial not Investment) and have been for the past eight years (last 2 in management) and am currently studying part time but I've spoken to a recruitment agency in Toronto and they claim I won't be able to find a job until I've completed my studies (what the??)

I appreciate your help, if anyone is looking to move to Australia I'd be more than happy to assist with any information too.

Cheers

dbdoc
Newly Registered

Post by dbdoc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 pm

For accommodation I've used craigslist, it seems to be the popular one here in Vancouver. I haven't heard of any alternatives.

sam-in-okotoks
Newly Registered

Post by sam-in-okotoks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:17 pm

www.rentfaster.com is very good in Alberta