ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalization after entering as a tourist

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Staka68
Newly Registered
Scotland

Irish Naturalization after entering as a tourist

Post by Staka68 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi,

My wife, non EU, arrived in Ireland in 2010 with a tourist visa and never left.
We got married in 2014 and regularized her position with EUTR in 2015, since then she has been holding a Stamp 4, she works in the healthcare.

She would like to apply for naturalization based on 5 years of reckonable residence, her parents are also naturalized Irish.

I suppose she would have to write a letter of regret for not leaving the country when she had to, however my questions is, how many chances are there that she could get her application refused because of this?

Anybody tried this before with success?

Thanks for your help.

Staka68
Newly Registered
Scotland

Re: Irish Naturalization after entering as a tourist

Post by Staka68 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Bumping this up

Anyone has experience in a similar situation?

Thank you

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Irish Naturalization after entering as a tourist

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:14 pm

Staka68 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:34 pm
Hi,

My wife, non EU, arrived in Ireland in 2010 with a tourist visa and never left.
We got married in 2014 and regularized her position with EUTR in 2015, since then she has been holding a Stamp 4, she works in the healthcare.

She would like to apply for naturalization based on 5 years of reckonable residence, her parents are also naturalized Irish.

I suppose she would have to write a letter of regret for not leaving the country when she had to, however my questions is, how many chances are there that she could get her application refused because of this?

Anybody tried this before with success?

Thanks for your help.

The department can't refuse naturalisation base on overstayed short stay visa. The fact that they approved her application for long stay stamp 4 already supersede the overstay issue. I believe that as long as she meet the citizenship requirements then thete is no issue. Obviously citizenship is not a right.