ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Register of intercountry adoption

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Ireland Register of intercountry adoption

Post by Br28016 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 pm

Does anyone have experience of how long it takes from sending in an application to register an intercountry adoption to it being put on the register.

Specifically interested in scenario where living in UK (not northern ireland) and adopted step children in UK.

Also what date is recorded on the certificate is it the date of adoption overseas or is it date of entry in the register ?

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ireland Register of intercountry adoption

Post by Br28016 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 pm

As never got any responses and have now found out the answers I though might be worth detailing it in case anyone else is searching for answers on adoptions and registering on the Register of Intercountry adoptions.

I was living in UK and adopted Step Children in UK and was the only Irish Parent.

Sent off a pack of information and from receipt to confirmation that the adoption in the UK had been recognised and the children had been added to the Register took about 6 working days. I was impressed at the speedy response to say the least. Now waiting to get the certificates.

Raised the question of what was on the certifcate and was informed that both the original date of adoption and date of entry on to the register are recorded. Waiting now to see what it looks like.

My understanding is that this is now sufficienct to apply for an Irish passport (I'm Irish through birth in Northern Ireland so not anticipating any issues as I understand the Certificate from the Register of Intercountry adoptions is recognised as a Birth certificate for all legal purposes including passports.