ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Minister of Justice was asked yesterday at the Dail to talk about the current citizenship process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mads32
Ireland

The Minister of Justice was asked yesterday at the Dail to talk about the current citizenship process

Post by mads32 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 am

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/de ... estion/88/

- Next ceremony possible date is December 13th
- They got more staff this year to deal with workload
- Digitisation measures were introduced to help to speed up the system
- They are aiming for six to nine month turnover in 2022
- They are aware of the lack of clarity of the current system (if they gonna change soon, that's another story)

Full conversation in the link.

They were asked the same thing back in July and the response was pretty much the same.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Re: The Minister of Justice was asked yesterday at the Dail to talk about the current citizenship process

Post by luxurylemon » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:47 am

I actually had sent a message to my local TD on Wednesday asking a lot of the same questions. My husbands application only was submitted 3 weeks ago so I'm in no way complaining about his particular application, its going to be 2+ years is my guess, but more regarding the entire process itself. Its unacceptable that passports are taking 4+ months to be returned and that people are waiting 2+ years.

I also complained about having to send almost 2kg of paper and having to post it too. That's not very environmentally friendly + the carbon footprint of having to post it. It should be done online...but that's a different issue I had, most people probably don't care about that they just want their application processed.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: The Minister of Justice was asked yesterday at the Dail to talk about the current citizenship process

Post by OneWorld2122 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks for sharing this information, it's helpful. However, what worrying when minister promise to reduce the timeframe to 6-9 months but at INIS website at the same time timeframe is increased from 1 year to 23 months for straightforward application.

Not sure, how they can meet this timeline when there is backlog of 2020, 2021 and incoming 2022 applications.