ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 delays !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

engink
Newly Registered

eea2 delays !!!

Post by engink » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:35 pm

hi guys!!! does anyone can help about what is best way to deal with eea2 application delay???
i made my application almost 7 months ago. im turkish and im married to spanish citizen. my lawyer send a pre action protocol letter to home office , trying to push them to issue my rc .they aswer me withing a week saying that my case now passed to a case worker, you gonna hear from us very shortly.
my lawyer now wants to go to court because they sould have to send us proper answer saying that "yes or no" not just a letter with unclear answer. i jcalled the many times but it doesn t really help calling ho . they keep giving the same answer .i dont know which other ways i can complaing!!! so can anybody tell me some ways to do complaing and i can get some answers.i don t wanna wait any longer its already 7 months . looking forward to hear some suggestions . many thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Here just one thread out of many.

jsurferguy

Post by jsurferguy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 pm

it never helps calling the home office, each time it is either the system is down or you application is under consideration, they are useless !
What you can do to keep track is each time you call, note down the name of the person and time, and every 2 week send a recorded letter asking about the progess of you application. If anything happen, you know you can prove you have been after them for information.
They set a time frame on each visa application, but none of them are respected, and as much as you complain, nothing can really be done.
Usually it should be dealt with within 6 month, so if you haven't got no reply still , you can ask you solicitor to contract solvit or you local mp. They should give you a better reply after.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Re: eea2 delays !!!

Post by eylemy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 pm

engink wrote:hi guys!!! does anyone can help about what is best way to deal with eea2 application delay???
i made my application almost 7 months ago. im turkish and im married to spanish citizen. my lawyer send a pre action protocol letter to home office , trying to push them to issue my rc .they aswer me withing a week saying that my case now passed to a case worker, you gonna hear from us very shortly.
my lawyer now wants to go to court because they sould have to send us proper answer saying that "yes or no" not just a letter with unclear answer. i jcalled the many times but it doesn t really help calling ho . they keep giving the same answer .i dont know which other ways i can complaing!!! so can anybody tell me some ways to do complaing and i can get some answers.i don t wanna wait any longer its already 7 months . looking forward to hear some suggestions . many thanks

Hi Engin,

I am in a similar actually same situation, however this one is my 2. application as i had to withdraw my 1st application due to urgent travel reasons.
I am Turkish and My husband is Spanish also, and for my 2nd application i have been waiting exactly 7 months, and sent them 2 letters, called them many times, no progress. I was also told to contact to MP, see if it helps. Unfortunately, at the end of a day, you have to tear yourself apart to get a response. If it was not that complicated, i would sue them and claim the damages as i have lost my beloved uncle, could not even go to the funeral nor support my family at their very hard time.
Hope everything would be solved as quick as possible.Please do update your sitiation.
Thanks for sharing.

engink
Newly Registered

Re: eea2 delays !!!

Post by engink » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:12 pm

eylemy wrote:
engink wrote:hi guys!!! does anyone can help about what is best way to deal with eea2 application delay???

Hi Engin,

I am in a similar actually same situation, however this one is my 2. application as i had to withdraw my 1st application due to urgent travel reasons.
I am Turkish and My husband is Spanish also, and for my 2nd application i have been waiting exactly 7 months, and sent them 2 letters, called them many times, no progress. I was also told to contact to MP, see if it helps. Unfortunately, at the end of a day, you have to tear yourself apart to get a response. If it was not that complicated, i would sue them and claim the damages as i have lost my beloved uncle, could not even go to the funeral nor support my family at their very hard time.
Hope everything would be solved as quick as possible.Please do update your sitiation.
Thanks for sharing.

hey guys, finally home office called my lawyer to speak on the phone and send letter( thesame week) asking for my passaport to decide my case.
im just cirious how long they gonna take to issue rc ?? does anyone have experience ?? let me know pls

shIne
Newly Registered

Post by shIne » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:15 pm

hi guys,
is there anyone who applied for a EEA2 residence card in march. is there any repl from them.i think those who applied in february received their passport bac but dont know abt march. can any one update.
shine

engink
Newly Registered

Post by engink » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:03 pm

shIne wrote:hi guys,
is there anyone who applied for a EEA2 residence card in march. is there any repl from them.i think those who applied in february received their passport bac but dont know abt march. can any one update.
shine

hi shine,
i m keep checking other a few immigration forums and i m reading lots of stories and succesful applications. especially now days many people who send eea2 in march, april even may they are recieving their resident card.i made my application begining of april , im expecting my rc end of this month because ho asked for my passaport. i send it off 12 november, it should take 2 or 3 weeks to get my rc according to my lawyer. some says ho trying to issue rc s who reached to 6 months route or more before chrismas.

shIne
Newly Registered

Post by shIne » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

hi
i have even sent my add documents 2 weeks back but havent reeived any reply after that.i thought i would give 3 weeks and see how it goes but when i called home office they still say my application waiting for consideration and thy cant give a time frame which made me to panic.
well i am going to wait for another week and will call them.
but i have not got any details about whether a case worker is loooking at my application or not.
is there any direct number to call and ask them about tyhe status of application rather calling home office.
sh

engink
Newly Registered

Post by engink » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:52 pm

shIne wrote:hi
i have even sent my add documents 2 weeks back but havent reeived any reply after that.i thought i would give 3 weeks and see how it goes but when i called home office they still say my application waiting for consideration and thy cant give a time frame which made me to panic.
well i am going to wait for another week and will call them.
but i have not got any details about whether a case worker is loooking at my application or not.
is there any direct number to call and ask them about tyhe status of application rather calling home office.
sh
well, i believe you will hear sometimes soon. my case worker gave me adress to send my documentation direct to her.so if you recieved letter asking for additional documents maybe you can find adress on the letter ho send to you and you contact to your case worker, if not send email to north west costumer service they usually answer quickly. you never get direct number to case worker im affraid.my application was waiting for consideration as well but since i send my additional documents home office says now "its under consideration". because my file actually being process now.