ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric not received

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arvindwadhwa02
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Biometric not received

Post by arvindwadhwa02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 am

Hi All,

I have urgent query

we applied for wife's ILR through super priority service and gave biometrics on 14th Oct 2021. we received email on the same day that application is successful. They also mention that we will receive biometrics within 5 working days. we haven't received anything yet and we have travel plans in first week of November. we will be flying to India in first week of November and then I will come back and then I will go again to pick my family in December.

I have following questions:
  • can my wife fly with old biometric? if yes, can she come back with new biometric? I am thinking that when I will go again then I will take her new biometric.
  • Does TNT drops biometric through letterbox or do they take signature?
  • What if we don't receive biometric and she has to come back in December? how can she come back?
Many Thanks in advance
Arvind

arvindwadhwa02
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric not received

Post by arvindwadhwa02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:26 am

Just to add - Old biometric expires on 30 April 2022.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm

arvindwadhwa02 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:26 am
There are long delays in BRP deliveries. Your wife's old BRP is technically now invalid for entry but she may use it to get on the plane to the UK and explain that she has ILR at the UK border to the officer. There will be no issue.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

arvindwadhwa02
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arvindwadhwa02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm
arvindwadhwa02 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:26 am
There are long delays in BRP deliveries. Your wife's old BRP is technically now invalid for entry but she may use it to get on the plane to the UK and explain that she has ILR at the UK border to the officer. There will be no issue.
I hope they will not penalise us for not keeping her latest bio metric? we are worried as we will be travelling with infant and doesn't want hassle at the airport.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm

You should not plan any travels unless you have your most recent BRP. If you chose to plan your travels anyway, you may face delays at the border as they may need to perform extra checks
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kiran05
Newly Registered
India

Post by kiran05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Me & my wife applied for visa in August, we both got the decison mail on 15th September. However, My wife received her BRP on 22nd September & I didnot (Bit strange since I am a dependent partner & we applied using a same application). I was suppose to goto india on 24th October and after following up a lot with home office, I was told not to travel as I will not be able to prove my residential status on arrival without the new BRP number( they can probably lookup using my passport number? but I cannot question the technicalities of it).
I looked into multiple options of how I can travel,
First thing, TNT doesn't drop the BRP in postbox, you need to be there to show the ID & sign for the parcel.
You can apply for a lost BRP from outside the country, in which case they will provide one time entry visa but to do this you need to have your old BRP number which we will only get to know after receiving the BRP.
Long story short, I did not travel & still waiting for my BRP :(

kiran05
Newly Registered
India

Post by kiran05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:19 pm

This thread might help you, One person had travelled without BRP earlier & he was detained for an hour at the airport. His BRP was with DVLA itseems. So technically he had a BRP but we dont.
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/brp- ... l#p2038638

ponkie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ponkie » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:57 am

Same problem. Only that I have no intention to travel but still need my brp for moving jobs. Approved letter on 15 October but still no brp card. What else can I do besides send an enquiry on their site