ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Likelihood of granting a Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Likelihood of granting a Spouse Visa

Post by Davy888 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 pm

My wife lives in Saudi Arabia and due to covid, we were not able to get married in person, therefore, March, we had our marriage arranged through proxy which is legal and we have all the legal paperwork to show this as well. We initially applied for EUSS family permit, but this was refused.

The reason for refusal is because the marriage took place after Brexit date. However, the caseworker acknowledged that we have provided sufficient evidence for the proxy certificate with the legalisation.

In September, I flew to Saudi to have our ceremonial wedding and to spend time with my wife since I haven't seen her since the pandemic. We have gathered plenty of photos to show this as well.

I'm ready to start the application now, but the concern I have is that the marriage certificate isn't renewed and that's not something Saudi government does.

Could this cause an issue with my application? Could it be refused because of my initial proxy marriage certificate?

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Likelihood of granting a Spouse Visa

Post by Davy888 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am

Anyone?

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:37 am

Sorry for the spam, but I really need to know what this would mean for me and my wife.

In short, our marriage certificate is dated on 28th March during covid and when everything was on lockdown.

The certificate is legalised by FCO and it is stamped by the ministry of Justice.

We had our wedding in September.

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:34 am

UPDATE

So my wife was granted the visa today despite my concerns above. We're all good now!!

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Congratulations

Now is a good time to begin thinking about the visa extension application and the requirements to ensure they requirements are met. In particular, consider the correspondence requirement and the A2 English test requirement.

Waiting limited
United Kingdom

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:05 am

mabrouk all the best