ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 General to Skilled worker visa | Travel Outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Switch from Tier 2 General to Skilled worker visa | Travel Outside UK

Post by ldam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:13 am

Dears,

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and got an offer with another employer and they are starting my Skilled worker visa process.

Currently they started to apply CoS for me. Next stage is BGV, I am not sure if they will start the Visa application submission parallelly or wait for BGV to get complete before filing the visa.

So having said that potentially they may file my Visa by 1st week of Dec. I have travel plans outside UK in second week for Dec and I will be out of country for 2 weeks. I read in gov.uk site that "one must not travel outside of the UK until one gets a decision". So this no travel note is effective from the day we submit the biometric/fingerprints (that is the day we submit the application in-person at UKVCAS service centre) or the day we submit the application form online(by paying the visa fees)? Or is it like from the day the employer submit the CoS, we should not travel till we get the decision? Please enlighten.

If it is like not to travel ONLY after the biometric/fingerprints submission then can I travel outside UK and be back before the visa appointment?

Thanks in advance :)