ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions re Employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hobba2008
Palestine

Questions re Employment

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Hello,
I am an academic working in a university and just about to apply for BC after 10 years route ILR granted last year. While filling the application I found the question regarding employment quite confusing (not the question but my case in fact).So I need your help please to answer the following questions:
1- I work full time at a university so I am on PAYE. However, as part of our academic job we service other universities such as PhD external examinations. We are getting paid for this through the other university's finance through BACS payment. Do I need to declare these on the naturalisation form?
I am asking this question as I am not sure how these are recorded at HMRC. The serviced university applies the tax code and BACS is paid after taking off the tax amount.

2- I am leaving my current employer and moving to another university two weeks after applying for BC. Shall I add this to the application form? Ot shall I just mention this in the cover letter?
Do I need to update the Home Office when with the new employer only after I start my new job?

Best wishes,

hobba2008
Palestine

Re: Questions re Employment

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Any help from moderators gurus and seniors will be appreicated.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Any help? 👀

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:08 pm

1. If you are not acting under a contract of employment or in a self-employed capacity there's nothing to disclose. Organisations/companies are obliged to deduct tax in these circumstances, HMRC record it against your tax account. Your income and taxes paid will not be examined.
2. Employment as such isn't a pre-requisite for naturalisation. Your application deals with the five year residency period looking back. However, for peace of mind you could note the future change of employer in a covering note, though it would not impact your application in the first place.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for your assistance.