ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return police registration certificate after ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Return police registration certificate after ILR

Post by mi_kon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm sort of stuck with this now. My email from Atlas contains this passage:
If you previously had to register with the police, once you are granted indefinite leave to remain you no longer need to do this. You should return your police registration certificate to the office or police station where it was issued to you. If you are unable to do so, return it to the nearest issuing office or police station. You can find the nearest office or station here: http://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-pol ... o-register.
And doesn't specify the timeline to return it. First, there was the lockdown, then I went to the local police station and they refused to take my certificate and said that everything is online now. So I went to https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice ... as-visitor and couldn't find the option to return the certificate. What should I do with this piece of paper now?

afriley

Re: Return police registration certificate after ILR

Post by afriley » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:20 pm

Apparently they don’t take them back anymore. I went and they stamped mine as cancelled but didn’t take it. They took a copy of the ILR card too.

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Post by mi_kon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:23 pm

Where did you have it stamped? They refused to do anything at my local police station.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:29 pm

At my central police station. I called them and they asked me to come in.

mi_kon
United Kingdom

Post by mi_kon » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:20 am

You do not need to do anything or return the PRC. Do not waste your time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice