ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ON OLD PASSPORT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chuhan1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR ON OLD PASSPORT

Post by Chuhan1234 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:06 am

I have ILR on the (indian)old passport but I want to renew that passport. Can I use stamp from old passport if I have to travel after I will get my new passport?
If not, how long will it take to have ILR stamp on new passport and what is the procedure?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ON OLD PASSPORT

Post by JB007 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:07 am

Chuhan1234 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:06 am
I have ILR on the (indian)old passport but I want to renew that passport. Can I use stamp from old passport if I have to travel after I will get my new passport?
If not, how long will it take to have ILR stamp on new passport and what is the procedure?
There are no more ILR stamps, you apply for a BRP for your ILR. A BRP is needed to show an employer.

For the BRP you will need to prove your ILR is valid, but you said in your posts in 2019, that you had been outside the UK for 4 years and had been refused a spouse visa for deception ?
immigration-for-family-members/previous ... l#p1833383

Chuhan1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Chuhan1234 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:48 pm

ILR quetion for my grand maa I ask for here becoz she have ILR stamp on passport she is illiterate so she can't ask quetion I ask for here

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:16 pm

She should apply for an ILR BRP, as ILR vignettes in old passports are no longer recognised for many purposes (such as jobs, opening new bank accounts, etc) and she may have issues in the future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.