ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Diff info betn visitor's visa appn & EC.. Help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Random
Newly Registered

Diff info betn visitor's visa appn & EC.. Help please

Post by Random » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:55 pm

I had applied for a visitor visa last year and got a 5 year visitor visa for UK. In the application form, to the question whether I have 'any close freinds or relatives' I had ticked ' NO'.

Now for my EC, as a proof of my accomodation I am attaching a letter from my freind offering me accomodation. What should I answer to the same question?

If there is a difference between the earlier form and EC application, will there be a problem on EC??

Will be grateful for guidance

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:04 pm

Just answer YES if you using your freinds letter of accommodation. it wont make any sense if you answer NO but at the same time you are going to stay with them. With the different answers to the previous application, i dont know if they look at the previous application but even if they do, there are a number of explanations you can give to explain why you answered no that tiem, e.g at that time you didnt have any freinds there.

Random
Newly Registered

Post by Random » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:31 pm

f2k.
thanks for your reply. Do you think that because of this complication, it will be better to just book a hotel and show hotel reservations?

thanks again

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:30 am

Have you ever been to the UK on this new 5-year Visa? If you have, then you are home free. You can simply claim that you met this friend during a visit. No biggie I think.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903