ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do embassies process visas or forward them to Dublin office?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ericsson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Do embassies process visas or forward them to Dublin office?

Post by Ericsson » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:44 pm

I recently submitted an application for an employment visa on embassy of Ireland in Greece but I can't find any info on processing time. All I can find is processing time in Dublin and some 7 other offices (like Turkey, Abu Dhabi etc), so does the embassy in Greece process applications there or do they forward applications to Dublin?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Do embassies process visas or forward them to Dublin office?

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:21 pm

All embassies issue short-stay visas, but for long-stay visas most of them are processed in the Dublin office. Other embassies can issue them as well but most just don’t have capacity.

(e.g. the embassy in Greece may not have dedicated officers to examine eligibility and authenticity of your application, so they may just prefer to get the Dublin office to do that.)

Ericsson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Ericsson » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Thank you littlerr for the reply. I haven't quit my current job yet because I don't know the visa outcome but now they want to deploy me (short visit) in another country and I'll need my passport. If anyone has any info or experience on processing time for this kind of visa on Irish embassy in Greece please share. I need an aproximation so my current employer can plan my trip.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:06 pm

Hi

I suspect your application will be forwarded to Dublin

To give you an idea although Pre-Covid

Applied for C visa (for parent) which was issued within 2 weeks of embassy receiving application meaning it was processed in Greece.

In another case (student visa) the application was forwarded to Dublin and took the good part of 8 weeks.

The Irish embassy in Athens tend to be helpful so send them an email and ask if your application has been forwarded to Dublin or not (I emailed them and I got a reply within 5 days)

Good luck Shqipe :wink:

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:18 am

Hey,
I did the D, single entry visa application in the Ireland embassy in Athens some years ago. It was mandatory to apply the original of employment permit at application time. This was the key document to grant entry permission.
The processing time was 3 days, and staff was very friendly.

Ericsson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Ericsson » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:19 am

Faleminderit shpirtshqipe & avta.