ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application status - SLA on priority service missed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozoneAPR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application status - SLA on priority service missed

Post by ozoneAPR » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 am

Hi all,
I applied for ILR for myself and my son using SET(O) as dependant of my wife using the one week priority service and had the biometrics taken on Thursday on 21st October 2021 . I got an email on Friday 29th october 2021 saying ''Please can your spouse provide a signed Part 2 of the consent form as the utility bill is in joint names. If we do not receive anything within 10 days we will make a decision on the information we already have.'' This was uploaded as part of the application in the fisrt place.

I replied to the e-mail stating this and also attached the requested document to my email reply as requested. I have not heard anything since then which now makes it 2weeks plus. Its a straight forward application no complication in immigration history.

Is there a way I can contact to know the status of the application? I will be asking for my priority service money back but want to wait for a decision first.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application status - SLA on priority service missed

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:14 am

When you both apply for SET(O), you both must sign two copies of parts 1 and 2. Each of you must separately sign part 1 (two copies) and separately sign part 2 (two copies). This is because you both must consent to checks (part 1) and consent to checks for each other's application as you share evidence (part 2). Did you do that ? The UKVI will not give any no status updates
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ozoneAPR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ozoneAPR » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:32 am

Thanks Zimba. I signed Part 1 and she signed part 2. She was not part of the application. It was myself and our 3yr old that applied. She already has ILR. They asked for a signed part 2 by her which was uploaded originally.

Are you saying I should have signed part 2 as well?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:55 pm

ozoneAPR wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:32 am
Thanks Zimba. I signed Part 1 and she signed part 2. She was not part of the application. It was myself and our 3yr old that applied. She already has ILR. They asked for a signed part 2 by her which was uploaded originally.

Are you saying I should have signed part 2 as well?

Thanks
No.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Eli26
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Eli26 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:02 am

They also missed my SET (O) super priority deadline on a straightforward application. When I call, they say I just need to wait longer. It’s been 10 days!

By analysing the timeline thread, it seems like SET (M) applications are being treated on time, which might suggest there are delays with SET (O) only!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:44 am

Eli26 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:02 am
They also missed my SET (O) super priority deadline on a straightforward application. When I call, they say I just need to wait longer. It’s been 10 days!

By analysing the timeline thread, it seems like SET (M) applications are being treated on time, which might suggest there are delays with SET (O) only!
A lot of factors could warrant the delay and stated service times are not kept to since around the covid time. This should not come as a surprise.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Eli26 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:02 am

It is not up to you to determine if your application is straightforward or not :!:

ozoneAPR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ozoneAPR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Just a bit of an update. Got a notification from HomeOffice. ILR approved. I will be asking for the priority service cost refund. Please whats the best way to do this?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:35 am

ozoneAPR wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Just a bit of an update. Got a notification from HomeOffice. ILR approved. I will be asking for the priority service cost refund. Please whats the best way to do this?

Thanks.
If they communicate with you that a decision is not possible no refund is given

ozoneAPR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ozoneAPR » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 am

Update - Complaint upheld and refund approved. It turns out if your complaint is well written with all the facts, you cannot be easily fobbed off.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:28 pm

ozoneAPR wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 am
Update - Complaint upheld and refund approved. It turns out if your complaint is well written with all the facts, you cannot be easily fobbed off.
Congratulations