ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa delayed - incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Wifes Visa extension question

Post by sruthigl » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm

HI All my ILR application is in progress but my wife need 1 more year to qualify for ILR . Her visa wil be expiring by sept 1st week, my ILR decision to be granted by the time is Unlikely.
My question is will she be able to apply for a visa extension befoer i get the ILR application results?
If yes what document i should be keeping for reference or do i need to wait until my ILR is through to get her visa application started Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wifes Visa extension question

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:39 pm

If you have applied for ILR based on 5 years Tier 2, then she must apply for a Skilled Worker dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:14 pm

yes but when can she apply ? is it once i get the result of my ILR application or before it?
please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Either at the same time or after you get ilr but she must apply before her current visa expires.

If you apply at the same time, her application will be held until yours is decided
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sruthigl » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:27 am

ok i did a mistake of not applying hers with mine. I thought my ILR application result would come way before that but unfortunately the solictor of my Firm has delayed to the last min & submited as a standard application. Even though i request to submit it as a priority one. Hence all the confusion.
i dont think i will get a result before sept 16th so its better to submit the visa application soon with existing documents is there a provision to add comments on the application to let them know that my ILR application is in process ?

Do you advise me to submit it myself or get a solicitors help to do it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:58 pm

You don't need a lawyer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sruthigl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependent visa delayed - incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by sruthigl » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi Guys i need a help.
i have applied for my dependents visa but today i got an update email saying
"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

A decision on your application has been delayed as a result of an incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge.."

It doesnt say anything on how to proceed or correct this.

Im not sure what was wrong in the IHS paid, so could you guys please advise on how we should go forwards in this ?

I had paid for a year's IHS surcharge as dependent would be eligible for ILR by that time. so do we need to do anything or will they come back with more clarifications?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa delayed - incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by ywlgy » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:21 pm

You should have paid for IHS until the expiry date of main applicant's visa.
I remember there was a post a few months ago that the applicant received a web link to top up the payment. Try search for it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa delayed - incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:01 pm

sruthigl wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:24 pm
Hi Guys i need a help.
i have applied for my dependents visa but today i got an update email saying
"Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

A decision on your application has been delayed as a result of an incorrect payment made for the Immigration Health Surcharge.."

It doesnt say anything on how to proceed or correct this.

Im not sure what was wrong in the IHS paid, so could you guys please advise on how we should go forwards in this ?

I had paid for a year's IHS surcharge as dependent would be eligible for ILR by that time. so do we need to do anything or will they come back with more clarifications?
It is a 3 year visa your dependent will get and 3 years IHS is payable. There is no discretion on this or granted a visa for less than 3 years. This is stated in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)